R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-08-2003, 04:18 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Nitro Razor Question. Please Help!

I just got a really good deal (I think or hope so ) on a Megatech Nitro Razor. It was $75 with m16 motor and servos. No radio equipment. Only 3 runs through the motor.

Anyways, He informed me that one of the gears on the 2 speed tranny was stripped. Can I just purchase a new gear to put in the tranny or do I have to buy a whole new unit. I surely hope not. They cost $150 from www.ahc1931.com.

From what I've read it seems as though stripped gears are a major problem with Megatech's products. If anyone knows where I can buy replacement gears from please post the link. I would greatly appreciate it.

Also if there is any additional information, websites, or parts suppliers for this car please post away. This is my first nitro car and again from what I read it doesn't seem like the best choice, but I'll try to make the best of it due to the low price I got it for. Thanks in advance for any info!

- Justin

BTW...To the best of my knowledge it is not the XT Pro version of the Nitro Razor.
Speed411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:19 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

Bump...Info anyone???
Speed411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 04:49 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to deanspoors

yes you can buy the gears and nearly any other part of the car seperate ask your local hobby store!
deanspoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:44 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

No offence mate but I hear the Nitro Razor is one of the worst cars in history, sorry to tell you
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 03:44 AM   #5
Tech Master

use loctite on the mounting screws as you should know everytime you take the engine out and constantly watch the gear mesh (every tank) and for the most part you will avoid any problems. but if these gear suck as much as they are said to, get spares or see if you can retrofit similar gears or a different two speed.

And stay away from rocks. It looks like they have a lot of places to hide on that chassis.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote