Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS Speed

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

its usually advisable to change new con rod after break-in engine. so u keep the old con rod for breaking in other engines. well, just my opinion.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

I have used yesterday at Turkish nationals an os.speed TZ with mugen 2501 pipe. My car is a new S-720. When I first use the car, I found the second speed ended to early and place the tallest 2nd gear ratio(23T pinion, 55T spur). But this engine is unbelivable it can easly crank this speed too. This the fastest engine I have ever seen.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by deepfree_z
I have used yesterday at Turkish nationals an os.speed TZ with mugen 2501 pipe. My car is a new S-720. When I first use the car, I found the second speed ended to early and place the tallest 2nd gear ratio(23T pinion, 55T spur). But this engine is unbelivable it can easly crank this speed too. This the fastest engine I have ever seen.
Yes, I've seen his car at top speed at the middle of the straight with the longest 2nd speed ratio!!! This engine is incredible and in my shopping chart No spares for the crank, piston-sleeve
Old 09-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

finally got the let the engine rip out and show it's maximum capability. this engine has tons of torque and has very decent top end speed
Old 09-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by asil
Yes, I've seen his car at top speed at the middle of the straight with the longest 2nd speed ratio!!! This engine is incredible and in my shopping chart No spares for the crank, piston-sleeve
I spoke with O.S. Car engine designer a few days ago @ IFMAR 200mm World Championship Brendale, AUSTRALIA about the spare parts for O.S SPEED 12TZ.

There was a mistake in printing. In Japan market the booklet shouldn’t have the part numbers for piston, liner, head, and crankshaft.

O.S. in Japan prefer all owner in Japan to send their’s engine back to O.S. Factory for service.
For export engine part numbers should be in the manual booklet but there are none.

O.S. will re-print new manual booklet for export only with all missing part numbers.

There are the part numbers.
Crankcase – 21531100
Crankshaft – 21532100
Piston & Liner – 21533100
Heat Sink – 21534020
Carburetor Assembly – 21538020
Carburetor parts (Needle Assembly – 21538510), (Reducer 5.5mm red – 71533155)

Regards,
Old 07-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

hi all,

can i know what tuned pipe were you using to get full potential out of the OS speed engine???

i was told to use novarossi efra2630 on my os tz 3p, should i use the same pipe on the os speed?
Old 07-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by doki_doki
finally got the let the engine rip out and show it's maximum capability. this engine has tons of torque and has very decent top end speed
doki!!! good to know your back running again !!!!
how long has it been since you ran?

i also will be doing break-in of my os 12tz -3p (not an osspeed ), just waiting for my conrod. i switched to 3-port (piston n sleeve0 since my 5-port died on me - my fault anyways...
i just can't believe it, for a month now, i haven't been able to find a single conrod for sale in all of the lhs near me. even the district distributor - out of stock. their selling it like hotcakes here, and they won't have stocks till next month...
Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by edwintklee
hi all,

can i know what tuned pipe were you using to get full potential out of the OS speed engine???

i was told to use novarossi efra2630 on my os tz 3p, should i use the same pipe on the os speed?
I have used both the OSSpeed 1040 inline pipe and the Novarossi 2630 inlipe pipe with 6 fins on my OSSpeed TZ 3P engine. Based on my runs, I find that the OSSpeed pipe gave the engine it's full potential... If you use the Novarossi 2630 pipe and header, you should install a thicker rear exhaust gasket since the Novarossi header has a bigger exhaust diamter compared to the OSSpeed header... Hope this helps...
Old 08-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
doki!!! good to know your back running again !!!!
how long has it been since you ran?

i also will be doing break-in of my os 12tz -3p (not an osspeed ), just waiting for my conrod. i switched to 3-port (piston n sleeve0 since my 5-port died on me - my fault anyways...
i just can't believe it, for a month now, i haven't been able to find a single conrod for sale in all of the lhs near me. even the district distributor - out of stock. their selling it like hotcakes here, and they won't have stocks till next month...
Hey...I haven't been running since I left for Florida last March... Left all my stuff at home. Will be getting back to racing hopefully with 1/8 scale on-road. Still getting settled here and waiting for my papers to get sorted out... As for the OSTZ conrod, you should have told me that you are looking for one. I still have I spare conrod back in Cebu. I was very lucky enough to get a spare conrod for the engine. If you want it, I can tell my fiancee about it. Are you still in Cebu?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Are you still in Cebu?
Nope, really wish i still was but have to go back to work here!!!

Anyways, keep us posted once you hit the track again...
Old 08-02-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

I have used both the OSSpeed 1040 inline pipe and the Novarossi 2630 inlipe pipe with 6 fins on my OSSpeed TZ 3P engine. Based on my runs, I find that the OSSpeed pipe gave the engine it's full potential... If you use the Novarossi 2630 pipe and header, you should install a thicker rear exhaust gasket since the Novarossi header has a bigger exhaust diamter compared to the OSSpeed header... Hope this helps...
yeap, i get what you meant, OS have a smaller exchaust outlet,

by the way i am not using OSspeed, just a normal OS tz 3p, i wonder would a Os tuned pipe help like the 1040 pipe improve the OsTz3p speed?

os pipe gave Os engine full potential? i might try Os pipe after all,

Well did you feel any different between the nova pipe and the os pipe, cos i just spend money to buy the nova pipe...

i wonder is os speed spec 2 engine is as easy to tuned as OStz?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by edwintklee
yeap, i get what you meant, OS have a smaller exchaust outlet,

by the way i am not using OSspeed, just a normal OS tz 3p, i wonder would a Os tuned pipe help like the 1040 pipe improve the OsTz3p speed?

os pipe gave Os engine full potential? i might try Os pipe after all,

Well did you feel any different between the nova pipe and the os pipe, cos i just spend money to buy the nova pipe...

i wonder is os speed spec 2 engine is as easy to tuned as OStz?
Based on the run that I made using the OSSpeed 1040 inline pipe and Nova 2630 inline pipe with 6 fins header, my OSSpeed TZ 3P engine ran better and felt more responsive when I used the OSSpeed pipe. Also, I was able to set the engine at a leaner high speed needle setting with lower temps using the OSSpeed pipe. You can't go wrong the the OSSpeed 1040 inline pipe since it's the pipe that was tested and matched for the OSTZ engine line. Although some people say that the Skyline VR12 and the Skyline VR12 Plus inline pipe also works great with the OSTZ engines...

As for easy tunability, I would say OS engines would be easy to tune... That is one of their trademarks along with reliability... Just my 2 cents...