Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
question for m11 owners >

question for m11 owners

question for m11 owners

Old 01-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default question for m11 owners

my friend is having problems with his m11. The switch for the ABS has to be constantly pushed in order for abs to work. He wants it to work like his m8. Push once to turn on and push again to turn off. How do you do this?
Old 01-14-2006, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fritzD
my friend is having problems with his m11. The switch for the ABS has to be constantly pushed in order for abs to work. He wants it to work like his m8. Push once to turn on and push again to turn off. How do you do this?
It took me a while to figure this out too. It's in the ALB menu. I don''t have my M11 with me so I'm sorry I can't be more specific as to what it is.

What I can tell you is that it's at the bottom of the ALB menu and it switches from "INH" to "PUSH" and "ACTIVE". Toggle through that setting to find that one that turns the ALB on and off.

I'll have a look at my M11 tomorrow for you.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:50 AM
Tech Adept

I have the same problem. In the ALB menu the cursor does not select the option, where it says "PUSH", so could be changed to "ACT" or "INH". It simply makes the round without being able to select it. Probably, it is depended to some other setting, which I did not manage to discover.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by etgdpu
I have the same problem. In the ALB menu the cursor does not select the option, where it says "PUSH", so could be changed to "ACT" or "INH". It simply makes the round without being able to select it. Probably, it is depended to some other setting, which I did not manage to discover.
same problem wif my m11 too but funny thing is tat im able to change the option when i first received my m11, since im racing ep, no use for it, i juz left it at default but when i tried to change the way ALB again, it juz doesnt goto tat option to change ACT/PUSH/INH. i tried emailed sanwa in japan but no response, maybe the wrong email, coz i cant read jap.

anyone knows who i shd contact for this problem?
Old 01-19-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

can you give me more details on how to solve this problem?
Old 01-19-2006, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

I contacted Sanwa and they replied through the local representative. The answer was negative. "It is not possible to permanently activate the ALB". From what I know there is a commercial issue with the ALB, because it is patented by another manufacturer. Therefore, it is not allowed to have it activated. However, it could be setup if we reach in the service menu, which is activated by a key pressing combination. From there, I believe that we will be able to modify the settings for the ALB. The issue now is how we get in the service menu?
Old 01-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
It took me a while to figure this out too. It's in the ALB menu. I don''t have my M11 with me so I'm sorry I can't be more specific as to what it is.

What I can tell you is that it's at the bottom of the ALB menu and it switches from "INH" to "PUSH" and "ACTIVE". Toggle through that setting to find that one that turns the ALB on and off.

I'll have a look at my M11 tomorrow for you.

can you help? can you give us step by step instructions on how to resolve this? thanks!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Old 01-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry, I forgot about this thread.

Anyway pictures are worth a thousand words, but here is an explanation just in case.

#1) From the ALB menu the "POINT" fuction will be selected, press the "ENTER" button 4 times till the "SW" function is selected.

#2) You'll notice that under the "SW" function it will read "PUSH" which means that ALB is only active when the SW 2 switch or the assigned switch is depressed.

See photo 1

#3) What you now do is press the "+" button once. Now it should read "TOGGLE". This now lets you turn the ALB fuction off/on conventionally.

See photo 2

Attached are photos of the SW fuction before and after the change.
Attached Thumbnails question for m11 owners-photo-1.jpg   question for m11 owners-photo-2.jpg  
Old 01-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

thanks you very very much!!!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry, I forgot about this thread.

Anyway pictures are worth a thousand words, but here is an explanation just in case.

#1) From the ALB menu the "POINT" fuction will be selected, press the "ENTER" button 4 times till the "SW" function is selected.

#2) You'll notice that under the "SW" function it will read "PUSH" which means that ALB is only active when the SW 2 switch or the assigned switch is depressed.

See photo 1

#3) What you now do is press the "+" button once. Now it should read "TOGGLE". This now lets you turn the ALB fuction off/on conventionally.

See photo 2

Attached are photos of the SW fuction before and after the change.

hi thx for the info

but the problem for mine is that it wouldnt even go to SW, it just skips that part. im able to change the rest of field in ALB menu.

any idea?
Old 01-23-2006, 01:52 AM
Tech Adept

Exactly, this is the problem. It just skips that selection. I think that to make the cursor to stay on that selection, we need to activate it from the "service menu".
How do we get in that menu?

Racing4Evo, is yours a SANWA or AIRTRONICS?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Mine is Airtronics. Sorry I can't be of more help guys. Have any of you tried going to the Switch Assign menu and changing the switch used for ALB. I'm using SW 1 instead of the factory defualt SW 2.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Mine is Airtronics. Sorry I can't be of more help guys. Have any of you tried going to the Switch Assign menu and changing the switch used for ALB. I'm using SW 1 instead of the factory defualt SW 2.
cant remember but i'll again tonite, let you know the outcome.
but the weird thing is that when i 1st receive my tx, im able to change the ALB to ACT/PUSH/TOGGLE. few weeks later, found tat the arrow juz dun go to tat function
Old 01-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

Any news for the issue? How we get into the service menu?
I would also like to mention that personally I believe that Sanwa should not have put into the features list the ALB or at least they should have put an asterisk and explain how it works, because it is useless if you need to press the switch at the same time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.