Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
What .12 engines? >

What .12 engines?

What .12 engines?

Old 01-07-2003, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Picco XP products

Corse-R;

From my personal experiences with Picco's, I have found that by changing to Novarossi slide carbs the tuning problems are eliminated and a power boost is gained because of the cleaner airflow in the bore of the NR carbs.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

i think you will be happy with the mr-12 mine is very fast and i really havent even leaned it out all the way yet

im sure it will last a long time novarossi engines are great i didnt think i would ever get anything else untill the sirio came out and then it was the price that made me decide to try them out

i have used my mr-12 in 2 races so far and i was right there with os 5 port and sirio

its going to be a tough decision to make which engine i run next year
Old 01-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I don't know what the climate is like where you live but if you drive in a very hot climate lime I do the Novarossi engine is the best for hot weather. It can take all the heat the track can dish out and keep runing great without constant retuning because of temperature changes. This also means less piston and sleeve changes. And yes get their slide carburetor also.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Corse-R
InitialD:

But if Mark Pavidis decided to not run Picco engines and run a RB for me is enough prove that something doesn't smell good at Picco factory.
I don't know if Pavidis ever started with Picco at the worlds. I believe Rody himself was there working on the RB's for Mark.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

To those that own or knows, does the mr-12 accept standar glow plug?
Old 01-07-2003, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

yes, the mr12 comes with a standard head button and accepts regular plugs. Very nice engine by the way.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by patelladragger
yes, the mr12 comes with a standard head button and accepts regular plugs. Very nice engine by the way.
Thanx, also will it drop right in the ntc3?
Old 01-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

don't see why it wouldn't...as long you have the rear exhaust ntc3 kit.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

i thought team associated used odonnel tuned os engines at nats i dont know about worlds

i thought i read that cyrul was faster than everyone with his sirio but lost due to pit stategy but i could be mistaken

patelladragger do you know about mr-12 ive heard both that it is short stroke and also heard mid-stroke

getting the mr-12 is a good choice i know you will be happy with it

it set needles to 4 turns out on low speed needle and 5 turns out on high speed needle to start the instructions with these italian racing engines both sirio and novarossi arent very usefull

for breakin i started with those settings set my radio to only open carb 50% and leaned untill it was 200F i ran 8-10 tanks like that then i open throttle to 100% and tune for max performance and it runs great about 250 now still rich though will see 260-290 this summer

im using 30% nitro and mccoy 59 plug ive been told i should reshim the head but i havent had any problems yet

as far as what dude said about high temps it is true that novarossi engines can take some serious temps i have in the past screwed up and gotten them up to 350 and nothing bad happened except burned out plugs and cars that wont restart hot
Old 01-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

patelladragger: i will break in my Rody 5port this week.. should be able to run it on sat...
let you know the result
Old 01-08-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ME-student
patelladragger: i will break in my Rody 5port this week.. should be able to run it on sat...
let you know the result

jason I don't remember what Associated used at the nats but at the world cup they were using picco and pavidis was running rody tuned RB.

Cyrul w/Sirio had the fastest speeds on the str8 but salven and baker were both turning faster laps before they had problems. Cyrul did lose out on pit strategy at the end as he was the fastest of who was left standing. I wasn't there, this I got from reading race reports and other forums.

me-student
lucky dog!!

I've decided to go mspeed first but when I save enough pennies rody will be next. That 6.5mm carb looks like the difference maker.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jason102276
patelladragger do you know about mr-12 ive heard both that it is short stroke and also heard mid-stroke

I have the mr12 but I don't know about its stroke. If I had to guess by it's performance I wouldn't say it was short stroke as it seems to have more bottom end than the rs12s - but that could just be the mtx3 gearing making me feel that, I don't really know. I know it's a very strong engine though. I like it better than the sirio.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

patelladragger: Which MSpeed engine are you getting? How much do they go for nowadays?

What's the going price for Rody .12s? Can't seem to find the 3port version.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

patelladragger: when will you get your Mspeed?
which version?
Old 01-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

should be here tuesday, getting the red S5 5 port version.

Rody's are going for 315 at atomichobbies, might be a little cheaper somewhere else.

Mspeed go for about 4, but I'm getting a pretty good deal on mine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.