Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
V-one S - Max - 12TZ - T3 >

V-one S - Max - 12TZ - T3

V-one S - Max - 12TZ - T3

Old 05-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default V-one S - Max - 12TZ - T3

Hello everyone, i am quite new to the engine concept, i have never upgraded my engine to a .12

I currently have a kyosho V-one S. And lately i have not modiflied it very much. So far i have a different engine which is a O.S. .15 CV Hyper w/10A Slide-Valve Carb but i am looking to make my V-one S a lot more faster.

So far the .15 Cv Hyper runs smoothy with my V-one S, Everything on my V-one S is strandard except for the wheels, suspentions and the Engine and it has 2 gears transmission. And than everything is pretty much stock, but i have two questions

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPV46&P=0 = ( Current motor )

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLNF7&P=7 = ( Engine i want to buy)

I am looking to improving my V-one S. And i am looking to Buy the Max - 12TZ - T3 which is certain a lot more powerful than the OS .15 CV hyper, and i am wondering if my V-one S will be able to handle it and fiting it without breaking down?

The big question is, on the current motor i have the crankshaft is standard, but on the 12TZ it is a pilot crankshaft. It is a lot longer, does this mean i have to buy a new flywheel and do some changes with putting on my 2 gears transmission back on ?

Or will everything be easy, just stick on the flywheel, 2 gears transmission so on...

Anyone with exprience, it would be great with advice Thanks. I really want a new engine ! ! !

Tom
Old 05-29-2006, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

TZ is also available in normal shaft, direct fit on your car.
BUT, the 3 ports is straight out of the box, 1.5HP !
This will be very hard on the standaard clutch !

Be aware that you also need other exhaust and manifold, 1040 is great for this engine.

And off course... it doesn't come with a pull start !

Will the car handle the power ? Hard to say.. it's a little much for the rubber tyres, drivetrain etc.. engine does 40.000 rpm !

I would upgrade to v-one RRR WC or FW-05RR, and even those need some adjustments to handle the power ! (Steel versions of gears etc)

But nice choice of engine !
Old 05-30-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Tom@swe
Hello everyone, i am quite new to the engine concept, i have never upgraded my engine to a .12

I currently have a kyosho V-one S. And lately i have not modiflied it very much. So far i have a different engine which is a O.S. .15 CV Hyper w/10A Slide-Valve Carb but i am looking to make my V-one S a lot more faster.

So far the .15 Cv Hyper runs smoothy with my V-one S, Everything on my V-one S is strandard except for the wheels, suspentions and the Engine and it has 2 gears transmission. And than everything is pretty much stock, but i have two questions

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPV46&P=0 = ( Current motor )

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLNF7&P=7 = ( Engine i want to buy)

I am looking to improving my V-one S. And i am looking to Buy the Max - 12TZ - T3 which is certain a lot more powerful than the OS .15 CV hyper, and i am wondering if my V-one S will be able to handle it and fiting it without breaking down?

The big question is, on the current motor i have the crankshaft is standard, but on the 12TZ it is a pilot crankshaft. It is a lot longer, does this mean i have to buy a new flywheel and do some changes with putting on my 2 gears transmission back on ?

Or will everything be easy, just stick on the flywheel, 2 gears transmission so on...

Anyone with exprience, it would be great with advice Thanks. I really want a new engine ! ! !

Tom
the v1s will handle the power with no problem. i have fitted a mugen mt12 and latest is a XS200 (see signature) with great results, as for the gears i can not help you with because i went striaght to an mtx2 gearbox/clutch.