Wiki Posts
Search

switching from EP to GP

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default switching from EP to GP

guys, i just got a Yokomo Drift package with some mod for about 2 months, and yesterday i went out to have a fun session with my frenz who all run GP, its like snail to them (running 23T on ABS). so i was thinking of switching to GP car. i have already posted in the selling section on my car kit.

For the car kit, since my pals are all running Team Magic (taiwan made) which is pretty good, came with all parts already as modded, so no need to spend more on. as for the engine, they are running RBV12 5ports, so may i ask if there are any equivalent brand thay offer the same as these engine? and i was told that i need a exhaust, and a good digital servo for steering. currently i have sanwa MX-3 c/w tx, receiver and 2 servo, so can i use this? do i still need to change to metal gear servo like KO 2174? thanks.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uniquexme
guys, i just got a Yokomo Drift package with some mod for about 2 months, and yesterday i went out to have a fun session with my frenz who all run GP, its like snail to them (running 23T on ABS). so i was thinking of switching to GP car. i have already posted in the selling section on my car kit.

For the car kit, since my pals are all running Team Magic (taiwan made) which is pretty good, came with all parts already as modded, so no need to spend more on. as for the engine, they are running RBV12 5ports, so may i ask if there are any equivalent brand thay offer the same as these engine? and i was told that i need a exhaust, and a good digital servo for steering. currently i have sanwa MX-3 c/w tx, receiver and 2 servo, so can i use this? do i still need to change to metal gear servo like KO 2174? thanks.
the g4 is a good car to get, as for a motor the os tz 5port is a good performer at a better price, i run a mugen pipe on mine but i believe the skyline vr2 works well with this engine
as for the steering servo getting a faster, stronger one is a must as you'll be thankfull to the extra speed and holding power and precision when you're getting to and going round corners at speed!
and dont forget a good starter box too
Old 05-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey bro, do u have any idea where to get the Team Magic G4S? as for the engine, my frenz at 1st recommended me the similar like u said OS TZ 5port, but it seems like its much more cheaper than their current RBV12 5port Tuned Rody RE/TG/SPT/SLD, which means there is no way i can outrun them. But i really have no idea how they determine which engine is fast or good, can u teach me on this please? i wonder why everyone recommend a better servo with metal gear. Another thing is about the exhaust pipe, how to see if its good or not? hmm. await for ur pro advise.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uniquexme
hey bro, do u have any idea where to get the Team Magic G4S? as for the engine, my frenz at 1st recommended me the similar like u said OS TZ 5port, but it seems like its much more cheaper than their current RBV12 5port Tuned Rody RE/TG/SPT/SLD, which means there is no way i can outrun them. But i really have no idea how they determine which engine is fast or good, can u teach me on this please? i wonder why everyone recommend a better servo with metal gear. Another thing is about the exhaust pipe, how to see if its good or not? hmm. await for ur pro advise.
lol i'm far from a pro but have been racing a g4 for almost 2 years now.
raceday hobbies have the g4s for sale and all the spares+upgrades you will ever need, as for a motor, it depends how much you want to spend, best thing is to look in the nitro engines forum and read the feed back on the various motors. also check out the nitrodine systems results on performance on various engine makes and models to help you decide.
usually the exaust pipe for the motors to work best with them is made by the manufacturers of each engine.
i would personally use a better servo because the standard servos are much slower and no where near as strongas a metal gear analouge or digital sevo.
hope this helps you out uniquexme
cheers
joe
Old 05-24-2006, 04:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

yeah, thanks bro, i have a hard time deciding which engine to get, below is my list of engine recommended by some frenz:

1. RBV12 Tuned Rody 5-port
2. MAX Power MX12 MAX S5 or SL5
3. OS Speed Engine (this is the most difficult to find)

does anyone know where can i get the above engine from, particularly from HK since i will be going over there next month. thanks bro.