R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-04-2003, 02:54 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Send a message via AIM to nitrojack14
Default Hpi Super Nitro rs4 rtr3

its bat man srry i had to do that .

hi i just gota rs4 rtr3 and i got a new dynamite pipe and a 2 speed. what other hop ups should i get i need speed !!!!! please pm me or respond to this thread. .! thanx for you time

nitrojack14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 04:40 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

The option parts you need depends on the type of surface you will be running on and how you want your car to handle for your driving style. Do you plan to run on a track in competition or just around the street or parking lot? If at a track is it a technical track with short quick straight and hair pin turns or a fast track with long straights and big sweeping turns.

You have to keep all his in mind to get the best performance out of your nitro car. Please remember if you are ging to drive in competition at a track, driving and set up are more important than just flat our speed. There are a lot of fast cars out there with poor drivers and set up that never finish a race.
speedoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 06:48 PM   #3
Tech Rookie
Send a message via AIM to nitrojack14

i race my friends cars and i just need parking lot straight ashpalt speed so any hop up's just list them . thanx bye
nitrojack14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 09:21 PM   #4
Tech Chat Moderator
Default speed

Well, you want to go fast in a strait line and you arent concerned about turning on a dime. That's what i wanted out of my nrs4 2 rtr. I spent over 1k on it. The biggest increase in speed was with a new engine and 2-speed. You mentioned you have a tuned pipe and 2-speed. That's great. Now you might want to consider a high rpm engine with good hp. Gearing and rpms is where speed is most gained or lost. If you want speed and just speed, then get you 2nd gear as tall(big clutchbell/small spur) as u can. If you go too tall, your engine will have trouble and take longer to reach speed and rpm. That is why you want you engine to have enough hp. This also applys to you 1st gear ratio. You want it to have nice accelaration and a smooth shift into 2nd gear. You might have to fool around with ratio to get it how you want it.

After you get a decent engine then see whats what. I, myself went wild on my nrs4 2. I bought all the graphite, lightwieght, and speed goodies i can get. My engine is a sts mt12 with a cvec pipe. If i was formilur with the rs4 3, then i could help ya more.
Wow these forums have gotten popular since 02!
TheRagunCajun is offline   Reply With Quote