Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mugen MRX-4R

Anyone notice the rear damper long case is better than the short one?
Old 05-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joe Os
?
Old 05-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Initiate

i heared a lot of mugen guys that the long damper case more stable. im not sure bec. im just noob. lol just got my MRX4R
Old 05-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mugen4lyf
i heared a lot of mugen guys that the long damper case more stable. im not sure bec. im just noob. lol just got my MRX4R
Kool. Do you race? or just plyin around?
Old 05-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Nope just plying around at the parking lot lol i need to use to it first coz in the track i dont wanna hit somebody's car you know.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Do you know how to set up for medium track good traction? pm me pls.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Better to not mess with the '4-R' and mixing it with the old MRX4, the new has really different parts (the most noticeable are the bigger rear shock bodies). The 4-R is great as it goes out of the box, needs some parts (front CVD's and if you want, monoblock engine mount and few, very few...).

If you push me, another nice addition to the 4-R are the hard coated 1st gear pinions from Delta (Dave told me that are compatible... 2nd gear ones doesn't have the notch so they go nearer to the 1st gear ones - better to use the stock aluminium ones for the 2nd gear).
Old 05-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Corse-R
Better to not mess with the '4-R' and mixing it with the old MRX4, the new has really different parts (the most noticeable are the bigger rear shock bodies). The 4-R is great as it goes out of the box, needs some parts (front CVD's and if you want, monoblock engine mount and few, very few...).

If you push me, another nice addition to the 4-R are the hard coated 1st gear pinions from Delta (Dave told me that are compatible... 2nd gear ones doesn't have the notch so they go nearer to the 1st gear ones - better to use the stock aluminium ones for the 2nd gear).
How many tooth is that? what about the 15t gear from evolva? do you think its gonna fitz bec.the spur gear they have pretty much the same gear as the mrx4.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

And which one is better. The stock engine mount or the one piece? im using the optional chassis right now?
Old 05-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Nope just plying around at the parking lot lol i need to use to it first coz in the track i dont wanna hit somebody's car you know.
Who cares fcuk. Just play bro dont push yourself so you dont hit somebodies car. lol relax aight.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

How many tooth is that? what about the 15t gear from evolva? do you think its gonna fitz bec.the spur gear they have pretty much the same gear as the mrx4.
The stock aluminium pinions are almost crap, they last very short and people switch the steel ones (bad move, IMHO, but...). Regarding the ones from the Evolva, I don't know, asked for the ones of Delta XP4 and got this answer, check with the ones from Kyosho, but what I've seen are very similar to the Stock AL ones from Mugen (crappy due to being short-lived).
Old 05-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Tech Initiate

wow you know everthing can you teach me too what is cvd, monoblock?
Old 05-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Please, go to the MRX4 thread and read across it, contains many valuable information.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Lol the cvd is your front universal shaft attach to your axle holding your front tires ok. The monoblock the one holding your engine. Am i right guys lol
Old 05-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

The stock aluminium pinions are almost crap, they last very short and people switch the steel ones (bad move, IMHO, but...). Regarding the ones from the Evolva, I don't know, asked for the ones of Delta XP4 and got this answer, check with the ones from Kyosho, but what I've seen are very similar to the Stock AL ones from Mugen (crappy due to being short-lived).
Ok do you where do i can find one of those steel 16t spur then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.