Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

I bought the ones offered by Serpent from Winners Circle (Online Shop) on their advice and they work great.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Mike, sorry about the worlds mate, Myself and majority of the members from the moorebank club in Sydney Australia were keeping a close track on you and Rick V,
Thats Racing as they say mate.

I have downloaded a few good pics from REDRC live event coverage, and i really liked the paint work on your bodies,

What bodies were you using?

Any chance of sending me one down signed and i can have it on dispaly at the club,alot of mugen Boys down here including myself? we really would like that. Iam Asking cause im the 8scale deligate at our club and would like to give the boys a treat

if you ever come downunder mate look us and up you got a place to stay
Old 10-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roelof
I know the Centax clutch is used on Mugens, the flywheel will not be in the center of the hole in the chassisplate but it works. Just use a Mugen clutchbell and endmounting for a complete fit

I believe the Kyosho clutch is more on size to fit the Mugen.

The Motonica clutch is compleetly the same as the Mugen (even the gearbox)
Motonica is the same but only has 3 weights (pins) on the flywheel rather then 4.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Initiate

anybody interested in buying an MRX4-R KIT BRAND NEW IN BOX WITH SOME HOPUPS???
Old 10-21-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

I need HELP can anyone tell me what does it mean when your coming on high power and the car start to pull to the right? when its cruising on low down power the car will drive straright, As soon as it hits second on full trigger down the staright the car will go to the right, this is driving me crazyAny one please help,i checked tweak, checked tires, checked one way...Dont KNow what else to do.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
I need HELP can anyone tell me what does it mean when your coming on high power and the car start to pull to the right? when its cruising on low down power the car will drive straright, As soon as it hits second on full trigger down the staright the car will go to the right, this is driving me crazyAny one please help,i checked tweak, checked tires, checked one way...Dont KNow what else to do.
Take a look at your front one way to make sure that both sides of it are locking up when the car is on power. I had a one way fail once and I had the same symptoms that you describe with the car pulling to the right because the right side was not locking.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Swap your tires from right to left and check if the car still pulls to the right. Faced it and drove me crazy until I found that a defective tyre was balooning when I pulled the trigger.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
check your right rear axel and or track width your drive axel could be comming out on power unless you are running universals this just happened to me yesterday give it a try let me know if it is something different good luck
Old 10-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Guys for replying back with some tips and a helping hand , Solar im running CVD around whole car,
Corse-r i did a tire swap around the whole car same thing even with a new set it still did the same thing,
winners circle i got my eye on the one way, i put it through a ultrasonic cleaner last night to flush out any crap or oil in it and we will go from there. the car is totally stripped guys, got home from the track pulling my hair out to try and find this GHOST problem. i have put the bearings through the ultrasonic cleaner using fuel INJECTER fluid. the whole car will be rebuilt. THANS AGAIN GUYS YOU ALL HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL> will let you know of out come

Cheers from Downunder
Old 11-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I just picked up a new MRX4-R to build over the winter for next spring. Is there anything not included in the kit that I should get now while I'm building, like clutch shoes, springs, etc.? What will I need beside spares, body and tires that isn't in the factory kit?

Also, I would like to build this car with ti screws, but noticed that there is an A and a B ti screw kit offered from Mugen. What's the difference?

TIA,

doug
Old 11-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I just picked up a new MRX4-R to build over the winter for next spring. Is there anything not included in the kit that I should get now while I'm building, like clutch shoes, springs, etc.? What will I need beside spares, body and tires that isn't in the factory kit?

Also, I would like to build this car with ti screws, but noticed that there is an A and a B ti screw kit offered from Mugen. What's the difference?

TIA,

doug
Dude, I don't know a lot about your car, but I believe the Titanium screw kit (A and B) means upper and lower. Like the A is all the smaller screws for the upper half of the chassis and the B is for the larger screws that attach your parts through the Bottom...Chassis plate. I ordered them for a buddy once for his car. Hope this helps some.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Also one piece motor mount and titanium turnbuckles.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:31 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Are you an experienced driver in 1/8 on-road?, you need nothing, first get the feeling of the car....

Not an experienced 1/8 driver? You still need nothing......
Old 11-03-2007, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Thanks for the tips, guys. My kit won't arrive until Monday or Tuesday, and I was just wondering about stuff that isn't included with it. I guess I'm used to so many electric kits not having everything you really need to get it built properly.

That reminds me, in the Swauger Centax article in RCX, they showed a clutch adjustment tool. Is that in the kit or something extra that will be needed for proper adjustment? I couldn't really tell from the photos what the tool looked like up close. Are the yellow clutch shoes the kit shoes or not? Is the stiff spring needed?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I've read this entire thread and didn't find the answers. Plus, I hate getting to a track for the first time with a new car and having someone walk over and say, "you know, you should really have such-and-such in the car—it would work a lot better..."

Cheers,

doug
Old 11-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Clutch tool is not included. You can use the hard spring in the kit, but the MSR spring works much better. Depends on you driving style.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.