Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chicky03
Yes, long front and rear.

Thanks Pooh. Too bad you were not there. It was a blast.

Paul
Chicky what made you try the 5.5 rollcenter? What was the car doing with the 4.5 that you didnt like?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, long front and rear.

Thanks Pooh. Too bad you were not there. It was a blast.

Paul
Yeah I know. I'm a lil hurt that I didn't make it. God willing it will b all good next year. That track is always a blast!!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by younghovaa
Chicky what made you try the 5.5 rollcenter? What was the car doing with the 4.5 that you didnt like?
Oh do tell
Old 08-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by younghovaa
I think the 5.5 turns in better. I went back and forth a million times last year at that track and always was a touch faster and the car felt more reactive with the 5.5. I also seem to be liking it more and more on most other tracks.

Paul
Old 08-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default MRX4 servo mounting

Hey guys,

I just picked up a used MRX4 <grin> and I am going throught it per the manual and the previous owner had some odd things about it.
Would you recommend mounting the servos with or without the rubber isolation mounts? The car came with it’s servos mounted without using them. (and a second oval style servo saver directly mounted to the servo)

Thanks for any help, I'm brand new to on road.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

I think the 5.5 turns in better. I went back and forth a million times last year at that track and always was a touch faster and the car felt more reactive with the 5.5. I also seem to be liking it more and more on most other tracks.

Paul
Do you ever run short in the rear? I also notice that you run the old rear upper arm mount, what affect does it have on the car?

Thanx
Old 08-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by woodman
Hey guys,

I just picked up a used MRX4 <grin> and I am going throught it per the manual and the previous owner had some odd things about it.
Would you recommend mounting the servos with or without the rubber isolation mounts? The car came with it’s servos mounted without using them. (and a second oval style servo saver directly mounted to the servo)

Thanks for any help, I'm brand new to on road.
I'm not using them either. There's no need for a second servo saver it already has one. Check the manual.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, yeah I dumped the other servo saver. And I'm boltin up my new servos now.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Do you ever run short in the rear? I also notice that you run the old rear upper arm mount, what affect does it have on the car?

Thanx
In theory longer upper arm is more stable, less agressive .... while shorter upper link is just the opposite : more aggressive and less stable.

Nevertheless....., it's everyone approach to get his car more comfortable to drive ..... individuals have unique way to setup their car. for eg. I'm using very short upper link while my friend is using longer for the same track.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
In theory longer upper arm is more stable, less agressive .... while shorter upper link is just the opposite : more aggressive and less stable.

Nevertheless....., it's everyone approach to get his car more comfortable to drive ..... individuals have unique way to setup their car. for eg. I'm using very short upper link while my friend is using longer for the same track.
Good info, I'll add that to my notes.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:52 AM
Tech Champion

Enjoy your MRX4,

( Don't think too much like I did 2 years ago....... thinking roll center, upper link, longer link, etc, aarrgghh.......... Life is easy. Right now, I just copy a setup from mugen website, tweak a bit and drive ).
Old 08-07-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by quietstorm76

Thanx
I run the car short in the front and rear when there is lower grip. When the grip gets really high sometimes it is harder to drive with the rear short.

asw is spot on with the camber link theory.

Paul
Old 08-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by asw7576
Enjoy your MRX4,

( Don't think too much like I did 2 years ago....... thinking roll center, upper link, longer link, etc, aarrgghh.......... Life is easy. Right now, I just copy a setup from mugen website, tweak a bit and drive ).
If you were speaking to me thanks! I'm afraid it's to late for thinking too much. I made the mistake of getting the MRX4 and not a "R" version. Now I'm driving myself nutz trying to decide if I should buy the parts and upgrade or get a new kit or pickup on one of numerous good deals on "R" versions I've seen. Should I keep the car I have as a practice car? or sell it and just go with a "R" of one kind or another.

Argghhhh...... somebody shoot me.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by woodman
If you were speaking to me thanks! I'm afraid it's to late for thinking too much. I made the mistake of getting the MRX4 and not a "R" version. Now I'm driving myself nutz trying to decide if I should buy the parts and upgrade or get a new kit or pickup on one of numerous good deals on "R" versions I've seen. Should I keep the car I have as a practice car? or sell it and just go with a "R" of one kind or another.

Argghhhh...... somebody shoot me.
My personal opinion would be to keep what you have and wait a few weeks until the new upgrade X conversion comes out. If you get the R stuff you will have a lot of things you don't need like the R towers, rear shocks, and chassis when you decide to get the X. If you wait for the X conversion you can use the shocks and towers you have and maybe only have to get a few parts that are not the same as what you already have.

Hope this helps.

Paul
Old 08-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Paul,

I know I was being a tard but I couldn't help it I am currently reading this MRX4(R) thread and only up to page 25 out of 43 so I was unaware there is a new version on it's way. Cool, I'm certain it will quite a while before one version or another will make that big of a difference to me. I have many many years in RC but none in on road so I am now resolved to just buy tires, fuel and plugs and go camp out on the drivers stand until I can turn some decent laps. Thanks alot for your reply I can now resume the other parts of my life..... one's where I'm not obsessing on what to do with my (new to me) mooogen.

I can't wait to race this sucker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.