Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sohlman
We're racing! And when a car like the MRX4R works this well, every time you go out, then there's nothing to discuss.

Except maybe how well you did. Good job asw7576!

What's good with you, Pooh?
Same ol thang. What's good with u? Now I'm just waiting 4 the I-95 shootout in september. When is ur next race?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Same ol thang. What's good with u? Now I'm just waiting 4 the I-95 shootout in september. When is ur next race?
Next big race for me is the Nats. Couple of club events and some electric tc before hand to keep sharp.

Here, I'll get the thread active again....

What does everyone think will change on the 4R to make a MRX5? (or Prospec or RR or RRR...) Remember, the Worlds are in Oct...they will be changing something.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for a Mario tuned .21 Ninja. I have one that has been run 10 tanks on the break-in bench at put away for the Nats. I have changed engine sponsors and this one is for sale. Pm if interested.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

What does everyone think will change on the 4R to make a MRX5? (or Prospec or RR or RRR...) Remember, the Worlds are in Oct...they will be changing something.
You can bet your a$$ that during the warm-up race they taken some notes about the handling and they modified some parts that show up as needs arise, they will pattern the car according the track conditions but... with Messina parts is quite difficult to improve the car (at least IMHO).

Maybe they came with some revised rear uprights (they seem weak and at least the two sets I've come across developed some ugly slop), a-arms and whatever they need to make the car better and faster.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

I love the car just the way it is!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
I love the car just the way it is!!!!!!
Things change...most of the time for the better. I love the car too, but I've done a few custom mods (like shortened rear arms) which make the car better.

Corse-R: They sure will build/modify the car for the Argentina track. The team should be heading over there soon to test. I would think suspension would be their main focus. Drivetrain and geometry are solid. But who knows.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

I would think suspension would be their main focus. Drivetrain and geometry are solid. But who knows.
Well... I would love to see a harder rear axle just to not have the burden of dismantling the rear end just to exchange it because you wore it too much and the dogbone pins run weird (hint, hint, hint... replaceable dogbone pins).
Old 07-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys how is the racing going this year with the mrx4-r. I will be picking one up in a few monthes for next yr. I have also decided to go with a rb sc7 but i'm not sure about which pipe. My main track will be RCRCNT. What compound tires are they running and how is the wear. Also what body are you guys running. I was looking at the protoform Shadow and I like the lines on it very much. Other than that I got just about everything else figured out. I'm going to get a least 2 pair of front and rear a-arms and some extra pullies and spurs for spair parts. But from what I have seen of the rcrcnt track I should have no problem. I hope to be running by next june if not sooner. I can't wait.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'd like to see a production rear short arm. Yeah Carlsen makes some but they are a little pricey. Other than that I am pleased with the car.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

any word on a new M car or updated parts?
Old 07-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
any word on a new M car or updated parts?
John,
Haven't heard from you for a while, are you racing the KO series or the Regionals? regarding your question, it won't have a new car till after the worlds maybe.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
John,
Haven't heard from you for a while, are you racing the KO series or the Regionals? regarding your question, it won't have a new car till after the worlds maybe.
thanks Sam...too much travel/work at the moment (will miss this Sat. race at CP) planning on the regionals/nationals...still saving that Plus 21 LC BTW
Old 07-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
thanks Sam...too much travel/work at the moment (will miss this Sat. race at CP) planning on the regionals/nationals...still saving that Plus 21 LC BTW
See you at the Regionals or even better if you make it to the Nationals.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Rookie

What engine is good for the rcrcnt track besides the rb c6 and rb sc7? Also what fuel is better Byron or Maxxy?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

The only other fuel I would run over what you mentioned is the trinity platinum race blend.As far as motors, start off with something cheap to learn on, unless you have tons of $$ then it really doesn't matter.I would refer you to the picco p9 evo 2. It's under 3 hundred dollars and with the right clutch and pipe set up it CRANKS.It might not out run some of the higher end rb/novarossi engines but you will be right on thier ars!I started with that picco motor and from a racing stand point, once you are running that picco to full potential and have the set up on everything dialed then at that point then I would say go for the engine that is so fast you just might go back in time.You start with one of those motors your gonna stuff that car in the boards right quick, its just to easy to go too fast at first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.