Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I wasn't much into setups n stuff when I was learning about the MRX4 swapping rear blocks n such, but I seen many people using the 4.5 in the rear and that is what I went with along with the kit setup. Personally I like the setup. My local track is permanent, and the other one was made: cleaned up lot, layed down asphalt and really smooth. Traction is pretty good on both as I never had an issue with that.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3,2,1,..GO!
Ok thanks Sohlman,,,you think run in on the track will do the trick? You not in Fl. racing with Pooh?? O yea also how are you guys attaching the engine (21 Ro1A Ninja) to the engine blocks? No matter what i do I cant get the Hex driver straight down on the bolt,,it's always at a angle because of the hex driver hitting the side of the engine. The last thing i want to do is stripe these engine bolts. Any tips,,tricks?? Why dont the just make a engine with grooves for the hex driver?

lift the engine up some and then tighten the screws. If the engine is sitting on the blocks themselves then you will have the problem you mentioned. Simply lift the engine off the blocks and start each screw and then you should have no problem.

Mark
Old 04-15-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Man it just had to rain today. I really wished to get out there and run my onroads. Ah well...gives me time to clean down the MRX4 and relube everything.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default Reciver Cover

I Need To Cover The Reciver And Was Wondering What To Use.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
What rear block is everyone using? 4.5 or the 5.5????

If you are using the 4.5 do you run on a track with lots of traction?

The guys using the 5.5, are you running on parking lot tracks?

Anyone running something weird like the 4.5 front block and the rear 5.5?
It really depends on your driving style, your race track and what you after.

4.5 = Lower Roll Center, More Body Roll, Better on less grip track, Slower cornering speed at grippy track.

5.5 = Neutral <--- I'm using this.

6.5 = Higher Roll Center, Less Body Roll, Better on smooth track, Faster cornering speed at grippy track.

When you mix front and rear suspension mount :

4.5 front and 5.5 rear = Anti Squat

5.5 front and 4.5 rear = Pro Squat, helpful when you feel too much understeering at mid corner off throttle. ( Or your car turns wide radius on throttle while doing mid cornering ). --- I fixed my MTX3 understeering problem with high roll center & pro squat after 3 weeks "brain dead" to find more steering at mid cornering.

See attachment for complete reading.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MRX-4R-roll-center.jpg  

Last edited by asw7576; 04-15-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
It really depends on your driving style, your race track and what you after.

4.5 = Lower Roll Center, More Body Roll, Better on less grip track, Slower cornering speed at grippy track.

5.5 = Neutral <--- I'm using this.

6.5 = Higher Roll Center, Less Body Roll, Better on smooth track, Faster cornering speed at grippy track.

When you mix front and rear suspension mount :

4.5 front and 5.5 rear = Anti Squat

5.5 front and 4.5 rear = Pro Squat, helpful when you feel too much understeering at mid corner off throttle. ( Or your car turns wide radius on throttle while doing mid cornering ). --- I fixed my MTX3 understeering problem with high roll center & pro squat after 3 weeks "brain dead" to find more steering at mid cornering.

See attachment for complete reading.
I'd love to see you run a 6.5mm block at Toledo on a good day. You'd be doing cartwheels end over end at every turn

If there's a LOT of bite you need body roll (4.5mm blocks) to stop you from traction rolling, so to say what block you need for this or that type of track doesn't always work. Most permanent facilities that are sealed and treated weekly will work great with a 4.5mm block. If traction is a touch lower you may possibly switch to a 5.5mm block, but there are other tuning options available (camber gain) to make the car work very well with the 4.5mm block.

I'm sure most everyone here will agree... the 4.5mm block is the most widely used set-up
Old 04-15-2007, 11:20 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by cdelong
...If there's a LOT of bite you need body roll (4.5mm blocks) to stop you from traction rolling...
That doesn't make much sense, I always thought you want less roll in high bite, and rotate more when traction is low...

Last edited by GK; 04-15-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

if you have no body roll and lots of traction your car will just flip in the corners. you need the roll to absorb that rolling momentum in the corners and STOP you from traction rolling.

sorry if you can't understand my explanation.... maybe someone else can explain it in terms easier for you to understand.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

4.5, 5.5, 6.5 are just fine adjustments to suit your track or what you feel confidence driving it.

I can't say 4.5 is better than 6.5 or vice versa. I don't know..... it's everybody speed secret / recipe. All I can say 4.5 means Lower Roll Center and induce more body roll, while 6.5 is the opposite.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:39 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by cdelong
if you have no body roll and lots of traction your car will just flip in the corners. you need the roll to absorb that rolling momentum in the corners and STOP you from traction rolling.

sorry if you can't understand my explanation.... maybe someone else can explain it in terms easier for you to understand.
I understand what you're trying to say, I just disagree with you and think the opposite is true, at least for rear suspension where the roll blocks are used. Read Serpent setup book, page 18: http://www.serpent.com/file.php?FileID=4082

Last edited by GK; 04-15-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GK
I understand what you're trying to say, I just disagree with you and think opposite is true, i.e. high bite track = higher roll center, low bite = lower roll center. When the car rolls more in high bite condition, outer wheels want to dig in which will result in traction rolling.
Think that gives you grip is the downforce created by the body and transferred to the wheels via the body support. This downforce is applied directly to the wheels (in the case of the rear track), not on the suspension nor springs, so it works in a slightly different form.

If you don't want to hook-up the wheels on a corner is a matter of other adjustments, the roll center makes the chassis twist and turn by the centrifugual forces.

Also, cornering on those cars is done raising the inner rear wheel and sliding the whole track, so the chassis needs to roll just to make it possible to slide the wheels.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default Reciver Cover

Hello Im New To The Forum And need Some Help With The Mrx-4r I Need to Cover The Reciver What Has Everybody else used
Old 04-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dfilo123
Hello Im New To The Forum And need Some Help With The Mrx-4r I Need to Cover The Reciver What Has Everybody else used
I cover my receiver with stick pack battery shrink wrap.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Art Carbonnel showed me what he uses..... the inner tube from a bicycle tire. Get a 26" x 1.75" tube at WalMart for $3 and you'll have enough tubing to cut 100 receiver covers
Old 04-15-2007, 08:02 PM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you can use the cover from mtx3 or 4,or hpi's recievers box,or those party ballons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.