Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lil Paul
Mistake me if I am wrong guys....I would think that a stiffer chasis would make the rear rotate more, meaning to a certain degree give less rear traction. However, Mugen says the option chasis increases traction. I may be over simplifying things, but I usually equate stiffer settings in the rear (springs, swaybar, etc) loosens things up when you have to much rear bite. So I am now confused that this new stiff chasis makes more traction. Someone please assist with an explaination.
If the chassis is flexing it is preventing the shocks, swaybars and other settings..... ie. camber gain setting, from doing their job properly. By having a stiff chassis everything is is doing its job as it should and the car is more predictable. If you don't have the stiff chassis try the one piece engine mount.... it should help a little.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
I'm definately getting that new chassis. My BONE STOCK MRX4 was TOO light and came upto 2475 or so when it had to be 2525 minimum. I was like WTF?! So after decorating it with tire weights it legal however with some bumps n crashes some flew off. I need to use that Gorilla glue my bro in law has.
You can gain some weight (and in one of the best places you can get) using the monoblock engine mount. The looks are great and your car will be stiffer where it needs (on the crankcase).

BTW: My car weighted last time I did on 2545gram. What you put on your car to be too much light? Are you using LiPo battery packs?
Old 10-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Cool

Soft chassis has a LITTLE bit of wind up before suspension stuff happens=smooth, stiff chassis it happens when you happen at the radio. Try it if feasable. Me I likem stiff especially at Ft.Myres.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
Soft chassis has a LITTLE bit of wind up before suspension stuff happens=smooth, stiff chassis it happens when you happen at the radio. Try it if feasable. Me I likem stiff especially at Ft.Myres.
BTW: What happened to Ft. Myers track, heard that from the last resealing the grip is somewhat weird. Planning to go to winternats and want to know what I'll face when there.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

We ran on it about 2 months after they repaved an unswept, no spray it was incredible even with pollen all over the track. I quit racing toy cars to build another winning O.D.B.A. Allison. I return rite after the "sealing" and it likes tyres and feels Greasey. In all FAIRness you need to understand that the track temp at the first forrgass race and the club stuff we ran over summer was well above 135 deg. farenhieght. I will say in the morning after the spray had dried and before the sun warmed everything it was stuck, and I mean stuck. So by day two of practice for the winternats forbidding rain it should be stuck,stuck. U no them bords is metal rite?
Old 10-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

U no them bords is metal rite?
Yep... and know very well the mogul that was on the parabollic turn after passing on the rostrum, three years ago, got the hole and my car flew three times jumping sky-high.

Is that hole closed or still is there? was a nightmare for me, making the turn almost blind is tough.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

The repave changed more than one thing. In the sweeper at the out side edge the new pavement is about a foot thick. Its almost flat as far as camber goes. The back straight still pulls a little to the outside,the vaccum effect is still there if you go wide. Ther have been some small layout changes to slow the lap times down(swager was runnin 11.7-11.8 sick) and it seem like there are more comfortable places to pass than ever. Over all its flat fast and kicks azz. The damn tires are still there in the left turn of the s'es...
Old 10-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

The repave changed more than one thing. In the sweeper at the out side edge the new pavement is about a foot thick. Its almost flat as far as camber goes. The back straight still pulls a little to the outside,the vaccum effect is still there if you go wide. Ther have been some small layout changes to slow the lap times down(swager was runnin 11.7-11.8 sick) and it seem like there are more comfortable places to pass than ever. Over all its flat fast and kicks azz. The damn tires are still there in the left turn of the s'es...
Great... can't wait to February to test that track. Looking if I could get my two cars and run them (last time, only one class was allowed).
Old 10-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Corse-R
Haven't tried the hard chassis, but seems give more traction at the expense of having a car with more brute reactions. Sometime ago wanted to try one of these (and in fact I have it on the toolbox) but been quite busy so couldn't test it.
AFAIK ( experience from MTX3 with 4mm chassis from 3Racing and electric cars ). Stiff chassis makes my car understeer at low to medium speed corners. Translation : Lower speed at such corners.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

www.winternats.com
Old 10-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Guys I'm running an MRX-4 not R and I'm wondering if anyone else experienced a lack of steering with the car. The car is ok but I notice other cars ie. Kyosho/Delta, and 960's that have a lot more turn-in and just seems to rotate better. I'm running the bow setup exactly except I tried the short wheelbase. Any suggestions?
Old 10-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What body are you running?
Old 10-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

It's the protoform. And I'm running 35's f/r and 7mm split.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am new to 1/8th but I was told that the Kyosho Dome body has a lot more steering then the protoform.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

I'm going to try the Dome body or the MSR Whip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.