Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orion wasp

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Initiate

I dont know if i got a weird engine but when you close the carb all the way, the opening is less a little less than 1mm. It's small enough to where my car shuts off. I compared it to the stock engine i had and the stock engine I could close the carb as far as it would go and it was still not less than 1mm opening.

Does the idle screw I messed with not work like I think it does?
Old 05-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The idle screw changes how far that opening is at fully closed position. Set it to what your stock engine looks like then and go from there.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Thats what I did thats what i was talking about in the other post- sorry if i sounded confusing- I am going to start it up in my garage in a few minutes!
Old 05-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Ah well then it was incorrect on your stock engine too. If your bottoming out that spring your well beyond normal settings. Go find a ruler and find 1mm. Its like 3 sheets of paper. Normally all the stock settings should be good. But given the motor is probably in break-in mode your low-end is probably real rich. Either way maybe 1 full turn over that and thats about as far as you would want to go.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

ok- i will break in the motor fully- I have only run 2 tanks of fuel through it. I will put it back to stock and see what happens- thanks so much for all your help. hopfully after break in everything will be good.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Initiate

you were right artificial- i had to loosen the screw a little bit to get the idle back down to normal. I readjusted the linkage and now everything is perfect! Thanks a lot!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Awesome stuff , now you know how to setup linkages. Good luck with the motor. Also be sure to set the ATV on full throttle so its not pulling the carb farther than it should go. Set it so it can go jsut that last bit needed to make it go full throttle. Youll also normally hear the servo get louder and louder once you go past the ability of the carbs throttle to extend.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Yep- everything runs great- it seems like it just as fast as the stock 15. It doesnt get as hot though so I am going to lean it a little to get the extra power. It has a nice smooth power band and its awesome!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

If your going for max tune. You want to tune by watching the power , smoke and then check temps to see if its good.

What you do is tune it for power , watch that then once you find the peak , richen it 1/8th a turn to put it back to a safe zone. Or you can just leave it how you have it and just slowly turn it out if your concerned the above might be hard to accomplish.

Then go and set your low-end to allow the car to idle 20-30 seconds before loading up and dying from fuel. But you also want to make sure its not boggy.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Initiate

so as far as the low end goes i need to richen it up or lean it out to make it "die"
Old 05-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Then go and set your low-end to allow the car to idle 20-30 seconds before loading up and dying from fuel. But you also want to make sure its not boggy.

Nevermind about the previouspost- i just reread and I understand now. Thanks
Old 05-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Initiate

ok-now I am conveting to non pullstart- My lhs says they do not have the backplate in stock. Anyone no what I need and where I can get it. They have everything else like the non-ps flywheel and starter box