can you help?

Old 12-29-2002, 09:38 PM
Suspended

Default can you help?

Hi I just left the off road scene...
So decided to give on road a shot...
I bought a second hand Serpent Impulse w/ NovaMega SX12 RE Turbo engine and jrx computer radio for a good price...

Now, here are my 4 problems...

1. I have very little information on the engine, and I want to start from scratch (default settings) but I do not have any literature on this and have looked all over novamega's site and cant find any factory default settings for 3 carb needles (main, front low end, rear low end)

2. Also what temps should it run at (is 175f ok?)

3. what are the default settings for the gearbox so that shifting is set to default?

4. Even though the wheels appear yo be pointing straight ahead, why does the car pull to the left when I hit the throttle?
Old 01-01-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Unfortunantly, I can't offer much info on the problems at hand, but here's what I can say;

1- The manufacturer, if I'm not mistaking, recommends that you do NOT mess with the mid-range needle, they are factory pre-set and should not be adjusted unless your totally comfortable with tuning an engine. I THINK that the starting point for the high end is 1 1/2 turns out from the bottom, while the low-end is 1 3/4 to 2 turns out, and that adjustment is made with the throttle held wide open, engine not running, of course

2- Generally, you're looking for most ABC engines to run around 245- 260 degrees farenheit. Your engine seems to be a little too rich on the high end needle

3- No clue,

4- A common source for this problem is a bearing that is dry, or no good. You might visually check the bearings to see if they seem like they're hard to turn,or sound like they have trash caught in them.

You might also adjusting the front toe on your car. That will help the straight line ability and also increase the cars steering response. It will also make the car turn a little more in the middle and exit parts of a turn.

Hope that helps...
Old 01-01-2003, 10:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm talking about toe-in!!!