R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Can't choose between 3 Cars HELP. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/113180-cant-choose-between-3-cars-help.html)

acutts 05-08-2006 07:59 AM

Can't choose between 3 Cars HELP.

I currently race a 1/8th Serpent 950r but I am looking to get a 1/10th scale touring car but as I have never raced 1/10th class I am not sure what to get.

I guess my choice is between these 3 cars:
Kyosho V One RRR
Mugen MTX 4
Serpent 710

I know a lot of choice on picking a car is personal but what car is doing the best out there and is a solid choice. As personal preference I was leaning towards either the Kyosho or Mugen just to have something different from Serpent but if anyone can give me some solid reason which car to go for that would be most helpful.

Thanks

rcfoolz 05-08-2006 08:04 AM

I drive the MTX-4, but I am waiting to see what the 720 is going to be like. Soon to be out. If I had a choise, I would be driving the RRR.

fritzD 05-08-2006 08:05 AM

Those three cars are very good. For me thought, I prefer the V-one RRR. I feel it is very tunable.. :D

performula 05-08-2006 08:09 AM

I haven't raced the car yet and I would comparing the RRR to the R40 and MTX-3. Hopefully, this weeked I will let you know.

acutts 05-08-2006 08:42 AM

Thanks Guys I like the Kyosho car it looks very nice.

I see someone mentioned the Serpent 720 ... is this something out soon or still many months off?

fritzD 05-08-2006 08:55 AM

720 will be out in a few months, i guess.. get the RRR... it's very good.. you can set it up for the any kind of track layout easily. well, anyone of those cars will do as long as you have good parts support from your LHS> :D

HarKonnenD 05-08-2006 09:12 AM

Even if the 720 may be coming out later on, wait for a product review. Just like when the MTX4 came out it wasn't all hyped up to be as many still ran the MTX3 and prospec version. However the 4 has now proved to be better and once setup will scream performance. A lot of people though still run and or prever the VoneRRR. I like the kyosho myself, but the LHS doesn't seem to have most parts for it - mostly mugen. I'd go with Kyosho first, Mugen 2nd, and 710 3rd. WHen choosing from the big 3 it is indeed a very hard decision. :D :nod:

performula 05-08-2006 10:41 AM

There is also the RRR Evo that will be out in June/July. That would be a good car. A reworked RRR. Everyone seems to like the RRR, the Evo can only be better.

acutts 05-08-2006 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by performula
There is also the RRR Evo that will be out in June/July. That would be a good car. A reworked RRR. Everyone seems to like the RRR, the Evo can only be better.

Is that different to the V-One RRR WC Team

Any info or pictures been released or a set date?

Osiris 75 05-08-2006 01:04 PM

What car are you leaning towards??

PhatPat 05-08-2006 01:05 PM

No :mad: 710. The setup window is very small.
Yes :nod: RRR WC. You can just throw it down and your already in the ball park.
Yes :nod: MTX 4 Just as good.

performula 05-08-2006 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by acutts
Is that different to the V-One RRR WC Team

Any info or pictures been released or a set date?

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...rrr_evo-j.html

The date should be in June. This will be a base model like the RRR.

If you have to have a car now...I would buy the RRR WCE and buy the RRR Evo conversion kit when it is available. One because you can upgrade your current ride (RRR) and have the newest car out of the Nitro Touring Racing class. Take advantage. The day I received my RRR WCE the RRR Evo had been announced. :flaming: ;)

acutts 05-08-2006 01:41 PM

Thanks for all the advice I am going to go for the follwing.

Kyosho V One RRR WCE
JP FX 12 (Ceramic bearing and hardblack)

Then I will get the EVO upgrade kit. Will an upgrade kit be released you think?? Anyone know how much difference the EVO kit will be?

performula 05-08-2006 03:25 PM

The RRR Evo should be cheaper than the WCE for sure, the conversion should be released along side the kit.

SOLOARTIST 702 05-08-2006 04:42 PM

hmm

good choice the winners circle :D :D :tire: :cool: