R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Green Color Blue Thunder (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/11287-green-color-blue-thunder.html)

Wolf 12-31-2002 04:33 AM

Green Color Blue Thunder

Hi,

I saw some bottles of blue thunder today (Race formula 20% 1 gallon bottle), they are in green color, not blue. Is there any problem with the fuel? Or maybe Blue Thunder have change its color from blue to green? :sweat: :eek:

Corse-R 12-31-2002 08:54 AM

Re: Green Color Blue Thunder

Originally posted by Wolf
Hi,

I saw some bottles of blue thunder today (Race formula 20% 1 gallon bottle), they are in green color, not blue. Is there any problem with the fuel? Or maybe Blue Thunder have change its color from blue to green? :sweat: :eek:

Uhmmm.... then, why don't changed their name to 'Green Thunder'? :D :D

In serious... probably had changed one component of the formula or those bottles had remain too many time to direct sunlight (the unique time I used Blue Thunder at 16% on england).

If isn't the case, maybe the manufacturer has changed the color to differentitate the 16% & 20% versions.

Darkseid 12-31-2002 08:59 AM

I would be kinda skeptical about that gallon!:lol:

I just saw a gallon of their Race Blend 20% the other day at one of the LHS and it was still Blue.

popsracer 12-31-2002 09:25 AM

Re: Green Color Blue Thunder

Hi,

My bottles of blue thunder (Race formula 20% 1 gallon bottle), are in green color, not blue. Is there any problem with the fuel? Or maybe Blue Thunder have change its color from blue to green? :sweat: :eek:

Sorry Buddy but Blue plus Yellow makes Green. The potty was closed and your fuel bottle was the only thing handy.:lol: :lol: :lol:

patelladragger 12-31-2002 10:22 AM

I switched from blue thunder to O'donnel earlier this year and still had about 1/4 gallon of blue thunder left. After about 2 month I got the blue thunder out to clean some air filters and it had turned green. The fuel is probably old or was not stored properly. My guess.

Corse-R 12-31-2002 10:25 AM

Re: Re: Green Color Blue Thunder

Originally posted by popsracer
Sorry Buddy but Blue plus Yellow makes Green. The potty was closed and your fuel bottle was the only thing handy.:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sheeeeeeesh!!!! :eek: :weird: :eek: :sneaky:

nova racer 12-31-2002 01:21 PM

Originally posted by patelladragger
I switched from blue thunder to O'donnel earlier this year and still had about 1/4 gallon of blue thunder left. After about 2 month I got the blue thunder out to clean some air filters and it had turned green. The fuel is probably old or was not stored properly. My guess.
I second that:cool: that is old stuff they found out site the back door:nod:

nova racer 12-31-2002 01:22 PM

Originally posted by nova racer
I second that:cool: that is old stuff they found out side the back door:nod:

Wolf 12-31-2002 07:07 PM

Oh. Now I see it, the fuel have been store for too long and the chemical insided changed! :nod:

That's why they are for sale (almost half price)

popsracer 12-31-2002 08:53 PM

Was a joke.

Oh. Now I see it, the chemical inside changed! :nod:
That's why they are for sale (almost half price)

It was a Team joke from another forum about RE-filling fuel bottles left laying around belonging to competing Teams.

Use the Green stuff for Nitro Wash/cleaner and buy some fresh fuel. Just don't leave your bottles laying around anymore. :lol:

Wolf 01-01-2003 03:17 AM

Haha, I actually use old fuel to clean engine and foam air filter. :D :smile:

howard hudson 01-01-2003 06:08 AM

Re: Was a joke.

Originally posted by popsracer
It was a Team joke from another forum about RE-filling fuel bottles left laying around belonging to competing Teams.

Use the Green stuff for Nitro Wash/cleaner and buy some fresh fuel. Just don't leave your bottles laying around anymore. :lol:

dont worry pops most nitro guys have no sense of humor:( :sneaky:

popsracer 01-01-2003 08:43 AM

Seriously

Wolf;

You can buy a Gallon of straight Methanol to use as Nitro Wash for about $9-$10 at the LHS. Works way better than anything else I've tried and there is no oil in it so it blows off clean. :nod:

Just don't leave the bottle laying around unattended this time.:lol:

patelladragger 01-01-2003 09:31 AM

My LHS does not have gallons of str8 methanol. What they try to do is sell you "motor spray" and "nitro cleaner" in the aerosol cans that probably has only a pint of cleaner for 8 dollars. The stuff in those cans is just Denatured Alchohol. You can go to home depot and get denatured Alcohol by the gallon for 10 dollars. It has no oil as well and is safe on all plastics.

popsracer 01-01-2003 08:44 PM

My LHS does not have gallons of str8 methanol.

patelladragger;

It's going to be in the Airplane fuel section. Most larger HS's carry it. Cleans the crud off even better than the DN Alcohol.