Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo >

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Old 07-29-2008, 04:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

There is a post around here somewhere by Mr. Ron Atomic stating how he runs tight mesh...
Old 07-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Exclamation

anybody know how to safely seperate a 1st speed pinion off of a sirio clutch bell....i cant seem to get it off with the kyosho tool(it wont line up) and i dont want to use the plier method that can hurt it!

help
Old 07-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSPOT
anybody know how to safely seperate a 1st speed pinion off of a sirio clutch bell....i cant seem to get it off with the kyosho tool(it wont line up) and i dont want to use the plier method that can hurt it!

help
It should line up, with the Sirio bell you have to use Kyosho pinions correct? then Kyosho tool on a kyosho pinion should line up perfectly.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

the pinion part works fine, its the other part that helps you lock the clutch from spinning in your hand. there are 2 ends to it but the one with the bump out still does not line up! any ideas?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

i got it!, i used that small piece of "piano wire???" that came with it and a pair of pliers to get in there to lock the clutch so i could spin the pinion gear off!
Old 07-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

There you go!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

A friend of mine grinded the clutch bell holder (Kyosho Pinion Remover tool) so it would fit the sirio clutch bell.. Hope this helps...

JayL, gonna try and search this thread backwards to see if I can find it... Thanks.

Do you guys have any play in the main shaft? Is this good or bad?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

As stated earlier, I also had to grind the Kyosho tool a small amount to make it fit the Sirio clutch bell. Fits just fine now.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deebs
I was plagued with stripped gears during last years FORGASS season. I would go thru anywhere from 3 to 6 gears in a 2 day race week-end. Very Fustrating - especially when you have tried everything!

The lasted thing I tried was meshing the gears very tight. As soon as it loosen up a bit, I remeshed them tight again. It is a bit noisy but it seems to work . . . for now
The mesh has to be tight. No play at all. Loose enough to allow the gears to spin though. If they are a little noisy it doesnt matter as long as they spin freely.

I had the issue of stripping gears a few months ago. Was happening on both my cars and I changed everything. Chassis, Brace, Gearbox, shaft, clutch, engine. You name it.

As soon as I started meshing the gears with no play at all it stopped my stripping straight away.

It cost me about 10 gears to figure this out and a few hundred in other parts......

Hope this saves you a few bucks.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:10 AM
Tech Master

Default mesh

a good mesh and loctite is the only solution! i had 5 consecutive races with 1 hour mains with no issues! but if you often crash hard on the race that's a diff. story..
Old 07-30-2008, 04:51 AM
GEO
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by GEO
Could someone help me.. Where can we find kawahara parts..??
Just give me a link

Ôhanks..
Nick
Old 07-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barg
The mesh has to be tight. No play at all. Loose enough to allow the gears to spin though. If they are a little noisy it doesnt matter as long as they spin freely.

I had the issue of stripping gears a few months ago. Was happening on both my cars and I changed everything. Chassis, Brace, Gearbox, shaft, clutch, engine. You name it.

As soon as I started meshing the gears with no play at all it stopped my stripping straight away.

It cost me about 10 gears to figure this out and a few hundred in other parts......

Hope this saves you a few bucks.
Thanks barg... I'll be doing this in the next race... I already checked the 2 speed shoes and made them have minimum play within the 2nd gear housing. I added a shim on the transmission shaft to minimize the play because it was alot, it still has some, but i would say it has the same play as the mid-shaft has. I changed the bottom screws to the screws I was talking about earlier of the antiroll bar but they are dremelled so its pretty easy to take em off and torque them into place with a flat head screw driver... I'll let you guys know how it went on the next race.

Thanks for all the help and support, keep it up guys...
Old 07-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GEO
Anything in particular your looking for??? Kawahara parts are very hard to come by... Have you tried googling what you want?
Old 07-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

in 1/8th it was really important to have a little back and forth play on the main shaft to save the second gear. Rich Brown told me that and since then I have been wearing gears normally. Also replace all the bearings. Once, the crank shaft on my motor was bent and well there's nothing you can do!...
Old 07-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www.msrproduct.com/vonerrr.htm

thats about the most complete kawahara list i can think of, not that you can get most of them though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.