Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meon99
where can i get the rear belt for my v1rrrwcTE? i mean online store besides kyoshoamerica.com .... thanks.
The #1 site online for Kyosho parts would be ashfordhobby.com Robert Poage that runs it is the best guy there is to work with when it comes to online websites. He has a great selection of Kyosho parts.

Jamee
Old 05-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys, just building my evo wc and wanted to say hello! However, im stuck. I cant seem to get the spacing right on the two speed shaft. Instructions call for spacer #38 on the pulley but that leaves for tons of free play on the two speed side. SHould i be using the longer of the two plastic spacers?
thanks guys!
steve
Old 05-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Perez
hey guys, just building my evo wc and wanted to say hello! However, im stuck. I cant seem to get the spacing right on the two speed shaft. Instructions call for spacer #38 on the pulley but that leaves for tons of free play on the two speed side. SHould i be using the longer of the two plastic spacers?
thanks guys!
steve
Try using the longer one. It should do the trick. I assume you are talking about the spacer that goes on the 2 speed shaft between the bulkhead and the side pulley.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

yup your right scott, thanks!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yup your right scott, thanks!
Don't say that Steve, you are spoiling Scott j/k

You are the best Scott!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

just ran my car for the first time last weekend at RCCAR in san jose and it was awesome! I finished in second behind teammate Jimmy Deprez, but got fastest lap!!!
anyways, I had a couple of questions for you guys..
where can i buy a good titanium screw set for this car?
And do they have a titanium or hollowed steel drive shafts for the car?
any help would be greatly appreciated!
steve
Old 06-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

just ran my car for the first time last weekend at RCCAR in san jose and it was awesome! I finished in second behind teammate Jimmy Deprez, but got fastest lap!!!
anyways, I had a couple of questions for you guys..
where can i buy a good titanium screw set for this car?
And do they have a titanium or hollowed steel drive shafts for the car?
any help would be greatly appreciated!
steve
I don't know of anybody that sells a complete titanium screw kit for the K-car. There was a company that did but they don't anymore. There probably is, I am just unaware of whomever that might be. You have a few choices. Buy the Mugen screw kit and have a good start, or just look around and you can find bags of 5 and 10 screws. Buy what you want. I bought some from overseas.

Ybslowinc.com sells an aluminum light weight front shaft for the car. I believe Jimmy even has one on his car (as well as the light spool and maybe even a few other parts). 3 racing makes a titanium 2-speed shaft. I know a lot of people don't trust their stuff. I am one of those people and some of their stuff I would never put onto my car, but the 2 speed shaft has been on my car for a year with no issues. If you get that shaft be prepared to do one of two things. You will either have to use the older RRR plastic brake pulley and brake disc, or you will have to grind a flat spot onto the shaft.
For the first 6 months, I used the aluminum pulley and I just ground a flat spot onto the shaft. I decided to put my car on a diet and switched over to the plastic pulley about 6 months ago. Either way works.

FYI when switching to the plastic brake pulley, you will lighten the drivetrain, you will make changing the rear belt more time consuming, and you will get longer life out of the rear belt..... At least that is what I have found.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default screw kit

perez.....glad to see more A-class drivers runnin the RRR....more help for me!....I got my titanium screw kit from Atomic....took a while to come...think from overseas.....but well worth the weight......im not goin to say how much im under weight.....thts another forum!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

how do you adjust front droop?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GSPOT
how do you adjust front droop?
In the front, there are screws that go down through the sway bar mounts and push on the front sway bar.

In the rear there are screws in the rear a-arms that go through the a-arm and push on the chassis.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default WCE help

Are th Evo parts upgrade better than the parts offered with the standard v-one rrr WCE
Old 06-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Scott, you haven't had an issue with blowing out 2nd gear? Or are you setting your gear mesh on the tight side? I tried the K TI 2 speed shaft and kept blowing 2nd gear. Also, I did some searching for a plastic brake pulley, I don't mean to sound like a rocket surgeon, but are you talking about the side belt pulley that is on the 2 speed shaft?
Old 06-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I had an issue with blowing second gear, I was lucky if I got 2 runs out of one. I figured out it was the inner clutchbell bearing, the stock one has too much play. Toss it out and get some better quality bearings, I runed the sam gear for 6 months this way.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mcsquish
Scott, you haven't had an issue with blowing out 2nd gear? Or are you setting your gear mesh on the tight side? I tried the K TI 2 speed shaft and kept blowing 2nd gear. Also, I did some searching for a plastic brake pulley, I don't mean to sound like a rocket surgeon, but are you talking about the side belt pulley that is on the 2 speed shaft?
I think I have blown 2 second gears in 17 months. One of them stripped because the engine screws came out (forgot the loctitie) and the other stripped because I forgot to put the bearings into it.... Another brain fart.

The plastic pulley I am talking about is the brake pulley. It is the pulley that goes between the two rear bulkheads. The rear belt rides on this pulley (as well as the rear diff).
Old 06-09-2008, 09:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Are you guys running steel pinions?

My driver only got 3 race days out the the alum and they are super sharp, not good for mesh anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.