Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049
Hey guys,

I just picked up a RRR WCE that I plan on racing at Floyd, 301 or any other tracks in the NE area. I'm new to nitro touring but not racing. Anything special I should know about? Any upgrades that are a must have? I'm sure it has been covered before, but I don't feel like digging around this whole thread. Also, what is a good place to start setup wise? And what brand and shore tires should I start with?

Sorry if this has been covered and sorry for the noob questions, I'm just getting my feet wet in nitro touring.

Thanks
You don't need any upgrades to start with. The RRR run just fine out of the box and doesn't have any inherent issues.

My Web site does have extensive info on the non-Evo RRR WCE, which you may find helpful.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default TITANIUM PIVOT BALLS

Does anyone know what's the weight difference between the standard pivot balls and the optional 64 titanium ones on the v-one RRR?The part number of the 64 titanium pivot balls is :VZW024V.
The weight of the standard ones is 4,6gr each.What's the weight of the optionals titanium pivot balls?
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-b4_1.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-dsc00198.jpg  
Old 10-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SQC049
Hey guys,

I just picked up a RRR WCE that I plan on racing at Floyd, 301 or any other tracks in the NE area. I'm new to nitro touring but not racing. Anything special I should know about? Any upgrades that are a must have? I'm sure it has been covered before, but I don't feel like digging around this whole thread. Also, what is a good place to start setup wise? And what brand and shore tires should I start with?

Sorry if this has been covered and sorry for the noob questions, I'm just getting my feet wet in nitro touring.

Thanks

For starters I would set the car up to the standard setup sheet it comes with...the RRR has a very big sweet spot....I'm basically running the stock setup with some heavier oils in the shocks...and i just add a little more camber and toe when necessary....you definitely want to try the solid front end

Hope this helps
Old 10-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
Does anyone know what's the weight difference between the standard pivot balls and the optional 64 titanium ones on the v-one RRR?The part number of the 64 titanium pivot balls is :VZW024V.
The weight of the standard ones is 4,6gr each.What's the weight of the optionals titanium pivot balls?
I have never weighed the Kyosho TI pivot balls...but rest assured they will be much lighter than the stock ones...im guessing about 2grams lighter per ball
Old 10-02-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speaking of weight, and we've all heard that the NT1 has the most crazy light drivetrain possible so I decided to pull it all out and weigh it. Can any of you do the same while you're cleaning your bearings or something and post back here about the rrr evo wc?

198 grams, includes rear diff, no bearings, no belts, middle shaft with the brake disc/holder, rear middle gear, 2nd gear setup, 1st and 2nd gears, all pins and clips associated with these. Then the front middle shaft, no bearings with the gears and all pins/clips. The spool (locked one-way in my case, but I know you guys have a light spool) with no bearings. All front and rear drive axles plus pins and wheel hexes, no wheel nuts.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
Speaking of weight, and we've all heard that the NT1 has the most crazy light drivetrain possible so I decided to pull it all out and weigh it. Can any of you do the same while you're cleaning your bearings or something and post back here about the rrr evo wc?

198 grams, includes rear diff, no bearings, no belts, middle shaft with the brake disc/holder, rear middle gear, 2nd gear setup, 1st and 2nd gears, all pins and clips associated with these. Then the front middle shaft, no bearings with the gears and all pins/clips. The spool (locked one-way in my case, but I know you guys have a light spool) with no bearings. All front and rear drive axles plus pins and wheel hexes, no wheel nuts.
My NT1 stock with a Lipo battery and 10 extra grams of weights came in at 1755!!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default weght discussion

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
My NT1 stock with a Lipo battery and 10 extra grams of weights came in at 1755!!
the 1755gr include body and tires?
Old 10-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default weght discussion 2

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro

i've never measured the drivetrain weight,but i have used some hop ups that
are supposed to make this lighter such as titanium rear axle and k-factory middle shaft.the whole car is about 1620gr everything included apart from body.i want to make it arround 1700 with body...i don't use lipo
Old 10-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Kyosho Universals

To any and all Kyosho lovers... I have a question. I run the RRR Evo and want to run the World Edition Universals all the way around. I have fronts but can not find rears anywhere. I need a part number and a place to shop for these hard to find parts. At all the races I go to, I'm usually the only one running a Kyosho so I can't communicate with anyone that knows about our cars. Please help! Thanks
Old 10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default V-One R anyone...

I've been out of the hobby for a couple of years, well make that 4 =). I need to know where i can buy a replacement Kawahara gas tank for my V-One R. Prefrerably in the Los Angeles area. Thank you!!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The "Kyo Show"
To any and all Kyosho lovers... I have a question. I run the RRR Evo and want to run the World Edition Universals all the way around. I have fronts but can not find rears anywhere. I need a part number and a place to shop for these hard to find parts. At all the races I go to, I'm usually the only one running a Kyosho so I can't communicate with anyone that knows about our cars. Please help! Thanks
go for the k-factory ones

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...1911&pageNum=1
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-k1911s.jpg  

Last edited by nickiphorosn; 10-03-2007 at 12:11 AM. Reason: forgot picture
Old 10-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would recommend staying with the Kyosho factory parts rear cvd #VSW015

You can order from www.Kyoshoamerica.com, www.pnphobbies

Hope this helps
Old 10-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gotspeed?
I've been out of the hobby for a couple of years, well make that 4 =). I need to know where i can buy a replacement Kawahara gas tank for my V-One R. Prefrerably in the Los Angeles area. Thank you!!
Try and contact one of your local Hobbie shops and see if they can order direct from Kawahara..that part might be hard to find..you might be able to find a stock replacment for the car from www.Kyoshoamerica.com

hope this helps
Old 10-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You can them as Ashford Hobby as well here is the link for both 0 and 2 mm offset http://ashfordhobby.com/SearchResult...eyWords=VSW015
Old 10-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Robert Maestry and huskerfreak for the help. I have ordered Kfactory rear universals K1911 and ordered Kyosho VSW007 short style for the front. The VSW015 is for the 2mm offset and I never have run offset. As the matter of fact, I don't understand the difference with 0mm and 2mm. Is their an advantage to having one or the other? Have either of you tried the Kyosho X312T motor? I love it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.