Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 02:21 AM
Tech Addict

not much room between my belt and s/saver either. i can see where the belt rubs on the s/saver - there is no goove or anything sinistar developing on my car, i guess if you do alot of driving it might wear very bad. i pull my car down after each race meet to check and swap out evil looking parts and so far it doesnt look like to much of an evil problem
Old 07-12-2007, 04:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dynamite
not much room between my belt and s/saver either. i can see where the belt rubs on the s/saver - there is no goove or anything sinistar developing on my car, i guess if you do alot of driving it might wear very bad. i pull my car down after each race meet to check and swap out evil looking parts and so far it doesnt look like to much of an evil problem
Had the same problem and im still running the same belt
Old 07-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dynamite
Do you know the Mr.Dremel? (Manufacturer of hand held rotary tools )

It fix everything!!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Did some changes to my car and brought the weight down to 1730 Gr (inc tyres, body and receiver battery).

I also removed the roll bar as i don't see any use for it when running an touring car body?

I also removed the transponder mount and modified the servo mount so i could put the transponder in there for a cleaner look. I haven't tested it yet so i don't know if the servo affects the transponder range.

Last edited by Ice_nl; 07-12-2007 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ice_nl: Nice paint job you got there. What bodies are you running?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Good work Ice
What other mods/ hops have you used to get the weight down?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

well guys raced my new evo for the first time tonight. Been driving a shaft car for the last 2 years nearly and what can I say. what a fantastic car the evo is. The car made me look good tonight I wasnt all over the place like I was before with my previous car, cant get over how smooth they are to drive. Just got to sort out my clutch engagement so I can kick some arse at the next meeting.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice_nl

love your paint job....kewl
Old 07-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Stripping Belts

Hi Everyone

I have put hop-up aluminium pulleys on my RRR but I am still running platic on the front and rear drive shaft, therefore it is a plastic and aluminium combination for the front and rear belts. I managed 23 laps last week when the front and rear belts stripped.

I would appreciate some advice on the following:

1. Must I remove the aluminium pulleys and retain the standard plastic

2. Are there stronger belts that I can use?

3. What can I do about belt tension to avoid stipping belts again?

Thanks

Stu
Old 07-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevenc
gday fellas I just built my evo and I cant see what I have done wrong. Does anyone have problem with the front drive belt rubbing on the steering servo saver assy. Cant adjust the pulleys to give the belt clearance as they are fixed in position. Cant believe its designed like this , I ended up taking it out to run in etc and worn nice groove in the servo saver assy. Cant be right so any ideas. Thanks
Also make sure you have the plastic spacer tube between the outer pulley and the outer bearing on the bearing carrier

cheers
Chris
Old 07-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Where to buy cheapest kyosho v-one rrr Evo World Edition and novarossi engine via online preferably US site? Thanks for your reply.

cheers,

nellguess
Old 07-14-2007, 06:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Post Kyosho RRR World Class Edition For SALE

I have a Kyosho RRR World Class Edition for SALE. I am located in Maryland. I am always at C Whit's Hobby Shop, which is located in Clinton, Maryland. I can also be reach at [email protected]
Old 07-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nellguess
Where to buy cheapest kyosho v-one rrr Evo World Edition and novarossi engine via online preferably US site? Thanks for your reply.

cheers,

nellguess
You can check out www.pnphobbies.net
Old 07-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StuartBloys
Hi Everyone

I have put hop-up aluminium pulleys on my RRR but I am still running platic on the front and rear drive shaft, therefore it is a plastic and aluminium combination for the front and rear belts. I managed 23 laps last week when the front and rear belts stripped.

I would appreciate some advice on the following:

1. Must I remove the aluminium pulleys and retain the standard plastic

2. Are there stronger belts that I can use?

3. What can I do about belt tension to avoid stipping belts again?

Thanks

Stu
Stu, hopefully I can give you some help. I've had problems with stripping belt last year, and after consulting with the team about it, they'd recommend me for the following. But, before I tell you, I need to ask if you are using Kyosho own optional aluminum pulleys? I remember before Kyosho, I ran Team Magic aluminum pulleys in my Mugen MRX-3, and they were stripping belts left and right. Reason being is the quality of the parts, after running for certain period of time, the teeth of the pulleys were sharpened into a triangle and essentially cutting the belt in 1/2. So if they aren't Kyosho pulleys, I would say take them off. And I have ran Kyosho pulleys last year and the teeth remain rounded and it doesn't cut the belts.

Ok, so here are remedies for stripping belt or what not.... I ended up using non-SP belt. Yes, it is harder and makes your drivetrain less free, but I'd rather finish a race then not, the non-SP belt is also a stronger belt. Also check and change your pulleys often, make sure they are in good shape. Another recommendation is change your belt! Eventhough cosmetically they look fine, change it after so many runnings with it, especially the front and rear belts. I would recommend changing front belts every 2 or 3 club race days and rear belts every 3 or 4 club race days. On bigger races, I put brand new belts in before the A-Main regardless whether I have already put new belts in earlier that day. Trust me, I was having problem with stripping belts, twice I was in the lead and popped a rear belt last year. Also remember, changing belt is part of good maintanence to your car anyway to ensure it runs in tip top shape.

BTW, in my RRR last year, I'd ran 2 Kyosho aluminum pulleys, 1 is the brake pulley, the other one is the pulley from the middle bearing block, all others are stock plastic pulleys. And after I'd switched to non-SP belts, I'd never stripped a belt again. My regional was a 45 min Main and I'd finished.

Hope this helps.

Dom
Old 07-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Stu, hopefully I can give you some help. I've had problems with stripping belt last year, and after consulting with the team about it, they'd recommend me for the following. But, before I tell you, I need to ask if you are using Kyosho own optional aluminum pulleys? I remember before Kyosho, I ran Team Magic aluminum pulleys in my Mugen MRX-3, and they were stripping belts left and right. Reason being is the quality of the parts, after running for certain period of time, the teeth of the pulleys were sharpened into a triangle and essentially cutting the belt in 1/2. So if they aren't Kyosho pulleys, I would say take them off. And I have ran Kyosho pulleys last year and the teeth remain rounded and it doesn't cut the belts.

Ok, so here are remedies for stripping belt or what not.... I ended up using non-SP belt. Yes, it is harder and makes your drivetrain less free, but I'd rather finish a race then not, the non-SP belt is also a stronger belt. Also check and change your pulleys often, make sure they are in good shape. Another recommendation is change your belt! Eventhough cosmetically they look fine, change it after so many runnings with it, especially the front and rear belts. I would recommend changing front belts every 2 or 3 club race days and rear belts every 3 or 4 club race days. On bigger races, I put brand new belts in before the A-Main regardless whether I have already put new belts in earlier that day. Trust me, I was having problem with stripping belts, twice I was in the lead and popped a rear belt last year. Also remember, changing belt is part of good maintanence to your car anyway to ensure it runs in tip top shape.

BTW, in my RRR last year, I'd ran 2 Kyosho aluminum pulleys, 1 is the brake pulley, the other one is the pulley from the middle bearing block, all others are stock plastic pulleys. And after I'd switched to non-SP belts, I'd never stripped a belt again. My regional was a 45 min Main and I'd finished.

Hope this helps.

Dom

Hi Dom
How are you today??
Well some how I'm still running the same kit belt since last year
I know as soon later I need change as welll..... You Gone thur two belts Hmmmmmmm Maybe your driving or going toooooo fast buddy.....lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.