Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Hey guys..hope everyone has been doing well....well looks like season for us down here in Fla will be starting soon...just wanted to give a shout out to all the Kyosho boys..go red
Right back at you, Robert. Go Red!
Old 07-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

does anyone know if kyosho still makes the evo conversion kit? Or anyone that may have one?
Old 07-07-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
does anyone know if kyosho still makes the evo conversion kit? Or anyone that may have one?
Word is that they don't. I've seen ones on eBay from time to time and the last one I bid on sold for about $169 + shipping. That's pretty expensive. I'll check with RC Adviser Champ and let you know if Kyosho has re-released it.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Hey guys..hope everyone has been doing well....well looks like season for us down here in Fla will be starting soon...just wanted to give a shout out to all the Kyosho boys..go red
Hey there Robert, hope all is well with you also.

I'm back to racing my RRRs after rebuilding them. I had a bit of problem obtaining the Acer Bearings I'm using now, so they were laid up for longer than I expected. Boca gave me a full refund on my ceramics BTW.

Since my CRF is laid up until I fix it, I've been racing the STI. I've had some challenges getting it to accelerate as fast as my CRF on our track, but I think I figured it out. Looks like my gearing needs to be 15/60, 20/55!

So what's new with you? What engine you planning on running for the first race?
Old 07-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

last race i had a strange problem, in the warm up the car went fine but after a minute there wasn't any power going to the wheels and it made a sound like the gears where stripped. so i steered it in the grass and when the marshall brought it back to the pit. my mechanic checked the gears and they where fine. so he put it back on the track and it drove fine. could it be that my one way in the 2 speed is going bad? I did clean and oil it between races. Or could it be something different?
Old 07-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

where can i find a front spool?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
last race i had a strange problem, in the warm up the car went fine but after a minute there wasn't any power going to the wheels and it made a sound like the gears where stripped. so i steered it in the grass and when the marshall brought it back to the pit. my mechanic checked the gears and they where fine. so he put it back on the track and it drove fine. could it be that my one way in the 2 speed is going bad? I did clean and oil it between races. Or could it be something different?
it sounds like your one way, just clean it and oil it , serpent one-way oil works great.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony montana
I was informed that it was a limited edition and Kyosho will probably not offer it again.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default just rebuild, with evo conversion kit

guys, i just rebuilt my car, after having bought the evo conversion kit.

i've noticed a few things though, that i hope you can shed some light on...mainly novice questions!

1. REAR DOGBONES...have movement of like 3-5mm. is this going to cause much trouble, and should i limit the movement with some fuel tube?

2. STEERING...the steering doesn't return to the same center, after turning left and right...it's out by 2-3mm. where should i start and look? or can it be the servo?

3. STEERING SERVO...after steering left or right, the servo continues to 'buzz' until i make slight further steering movements. I'm worried that this will unnecessarily use up battery power, or damage the servo. i've made slight trim changes with still no improvement. comments?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glenn
guys, i just rebuilt my car, after having bought the evo conversion kit.

i've noticed a few things though, that i hope you can shed some light on...mainly novice questions!

1. REAR DOGBONES...have movement of like 3-5mm. is this going to cause much trouble, and should i limit the movement with some fuel tube?

2. STEERING...the steering doesn't return to the same center, after turning left and right...it's out by 2-3mm. where should i start and look? or can it be the servo?

3. STEERING SERVO...after steering left or right, the servo continues to 'buzz' until i make slight further steering movements. I'm worried that this will unnecessarily use up battery power, or damage the servo. i've made slight trim changes with still no improvement. comments?
1. Re: Dogbone movement. It isn't a bad idea to put a bit of fuel tubing into the outdrive, but it isn't necessary. Make certain you don't take out to much play as you need some for the suspension to work properly. After adding some fuel tubing, disconnect your shock so the suspension will move easily and make sure the suspension isn't binding now.

2: Re: I would disconnect the steering servo and check to see if your steering moves easily by hand. If it sticks or is tough to move then start looking for a problem. I would check and see how tight all the ball connections are. Something else to check on is that the top deck when tightened down isn't putting a lot of pressure on the steering post. It could be the servo, but based upon the 3rd area of your post, it sounds like something is binding a bit.

3: Are you using a digital servo or an analog? What brand and model servo are you using? Digitals do tend to display the behavior you are describing, but the fact that it doesn't return to center leads me to believe something somewhere is binding.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

Is there a metallic servo saver for our RRR as for Evolva 05 WC?

Last edited by nikoskar; 07-09-2007 at 02:00 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you can use the adjustable evolva one, TSW19 or kawahara makes one if it's easier to find.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default new

saw these parts from rony racing, iv'ed been waiting for these alum ones.. but the problem is, it's for a diff brand.. any idea of a diff. manufacturer who makes one for the RRR ?
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-susshaft.jpeg  
Old 07-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Originally Posted by ianhobbies
saw these parts from rony racing, iv'ed been waiting for these alum ones.. but the problem is, it's for a diff brand.. any idea of a diff. manufacturer who makes one for the RRR ?
Hi Ian. Sorry bok I wasn't able to contact you while I was back home. Been too busy the 2 weeks I was there scheduling activities to do with with my family. I was able to pay a visit to the Manila Speedzone Track and I say that is an awesome looking track. Wasn't able to drop by JP Raceway.

I'll make it a point to spend at least a day at the tracks (racing or just chatting with you guys) the next time I'll be home. Later bradir!

By the way those parts look interesting. I wonder if it will fit our RRRs? Have you tried putting them on? Later again bradir!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
It does sound like the first gear one way. What type of oil did you lube it with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.