Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The harder of the new springs is harder then your old gold springs, the softer of the new springs is softer then your old silver springs, and I do not know about the how does the middle springs compare.

Dom
Old 02-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
The harder of the new springs is harder then your old gold springs, the softer of the new springs is softer then your old silver springs, and I do not know about the how does the middle springs compare.

Dom
are you sure,because i just did a quick test and stacked one dark blue on one gold and squeezed them together and the dark blue compressed all the way down before the gold did and before the black one did too.
didn't test it with the silver because there on my car
Old 02-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

I don't know much about and how accurate is the stack and squeeze method.... I'm assuming you are using either all front or all rear springs to compare??? I don't own any old springs anymore. I ran them on the car and that's the conclusion I had regarding the new hard/soft springs compare to the old springs.

Dom
Old 02-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Maybe the difference is how linear or progressive they are?

-Korey
Old 02-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

From this page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/carsand...ars/31259B.asp

New compression rate of the standard 13mm (I.D.) shock springs is more suited to most track conditions.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do they have an EVO WCTE conversion kit aside from the EVO Conversion kit?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tire diameter

Hi all,
Any opinion on why the Japanese drivers with the RRR Evo use big tires like 65/64 and 64/63 with only 1mm difference, which also make the car more front wheel driven.
Is it because they need bigger diameter so the tires will last the whole final or because the car is better dialed with bigger tires?
Is the 1mm difference related with the front solid axle? I suppose NO, because I have also found other setups from big names that they use 2mm difference with solid.
Thanks
Old 02-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

hello
How do i set the camber angle in 0G? Any specific tool?
and what mean +3 rear toe?
Sorry for those "newbie" questions
Old 02-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeff1
hello
How do i set the camber angle in 0G? Any specific tool?
I know you've been trying to get someone to answer this question, but I think most people just do it the "regular" way - and that's why no one is answering your question.

Originally Posted by jeff1
... and what mean +3 rear toe?
It means that the rear wheels face inward.

If you don't have the Hudy setup book, you can get an electronic copy here:
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...81&kategoria=0
Old 02-28-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hi all,
Any opinion on why the Japanese drivers with the RRR Evo use big tires like 65/64 and 64/63 with only 1mm difference, which also make the car more front wheel driven.
Is it because they need bigger diameter so the tires will last the whole final or because the car is better dialed with bigger tires?
Is the 1mm difference related with the front solid axle? I suppose NO, because I have also found other setups from big names that they use 2mm difference with solid.
Thanks
24T pulley?
Old 02-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I know you've been trying to get someone to answer this question, but I think most people just do it the "regular" way - and that's why no one is answering your question.

It means that the rear wheels face inward.

If you don't have the Hudy setup book, you can get an electronic copy here:
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...81&kategoria=0
Thank's rmdhawaii great info. in the Hudy setup book some question I needed answers too were taken care of in that artical much appreicated keep up the good work in sharing information with other novice racer who don't have a lot of knowledge in RC racing world.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

You're welcome.

Checkout the advanced setup section of the Serpent 720 setup booklet as well. I was just reading it yesterday and it also has some good tips:

http://www.serpent-usa.com/pdf/720setupbookletWEB.pdf
Old 03-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
24T pulley?
No, it is the 23T pulley. Even If they used the 24T then they should have equal diameters. Do they like the car so much front wheel driven?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by etgdpu
No, it is the 23T pulley. Even If they used the 24T then they should have equal diameters. Do they like the car so much front wheel driven?
It was just a guess.

I unexpectantly had to race with the 24T a couple of weeks ago, with unequal diameter tires and the car was actually pretty fast.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

can someone please explain to me if the new springs (3 shades of blue) are harder or softer or the same just a different color than the old springs (black silver gold)?
I asked the same question @ the worlds...

The new springs are more progressive and are more suited to the less than perfect ( bumps ) tracks most of us race on.

The longer front springs "unload" slower after being compressed than the old shorter ones. this keeps the front wheels from bouncing after hitting small bumps and therefore more grip ( you've all noticed how much nicer the evo rides the bumps yeah?)

Also, if you look at the part numbers, you will see that the old silver rear springs have the same amount of coils and wire diameter as the new "medium blues" or kit evo springs ( 4.5 x 1.6 )

If you still have the old springs, experiment with using the old rears on the front as well as the rear ( gold rears at the back, black rears at the front works well)..

Another trick - if you don't want to splurge on a full set of new shocks to be able to use the new springs ( smaller diameter) - flip the adjusters around and use the Mugen spring collets - works well!

HTH

Lue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.