Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Nice chassis!!! You wrap that chassis like a new born baby
Good one Sam!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
you should see how hi my ride height is gonna be dont want to tarnish it
Don't worry about how pretty your chassis looks! Set the ride height like it's suppose to be - the Nats ain't no monster truck race you know.

Will - I know that if you put your mind to it, you can do well. I wish you all the best for Nats. And most of all, have fun - which I know you will.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

is anyone planning to race at the worlds here in australia?
Old 06-09-2006, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Cut out as much of the rear window as possible. Use radius corners to help keep the roof supported. Even with the legal windshield hole and front side windows cut, heat can stay trapped in the shell. The rear windshield asks as a dam and keeps it in. Your engine temp would actually be cooler if you compared a body with rear window cut and no side windows cut vs. a body with side windows cut, but little of the rear window cut out. It's all legal to cut out the entire rear window.
Ok, thanks. Shop UFO painted me a new body, and I'm kinda reluctant to cut out the rear..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=145059
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=145060
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=145061
Old 06-09-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default ok

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Don't worry about how pretty your chassis looks! Set the ride height like it's suppose to be - the Nats ain't no monster truck race you know.

Will - I know that if you put your mind to it, you can do well. I wish you all the best for Nats. And most of all, have fun - which I know you will.
you know im only kidding this is my first nats im going for the gusto fun is my middle name
Old 06-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
is anyone planning to race at the worlds here in australia?

.........I wish.............
Old 06-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jag
I didn't find that tape worked very well because I could only get 1 wrap around the pack. I used Goop and electrical tape and after a few races it came loose. I would like to find some super tape that would hold it with 1 wrap.
Parma Servo tape. The stuff that is clear with a red plastic backing. Will hold anything. I used it to hold my hand crank fuel pump to the gallon jug for my boats. It's still stuck like day one.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMRA9&P=7
Old 06-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Awesome paint job! I like the eye on the side. I've been thinking about having him paint something for me.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

It really depends on how you want to use the spare. Either as real spare or a second car to play around with that could be a spare if need be.

I would want an exact duplicate of my primary, so that the car would handle and perform exactly like the primary. It would really throw me off if the car turned in more or less - or drifted more or less - or the engine powerband were different - but that's just me.
Hi rmd,

OK, decided to go with the New Speed Tuned OS instead. Everything else, is the same as the first car.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMCY1&P=7

Let you know how it performs.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Hi rmd,

OK, decided to go with the New Speed Tuned OS instead. Everything else, is the same as the first car.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMCY1&P=7

Let you know how it performs.
Wow! $494.99. Not exactly cheap. Why did you choose this engine? What do you know about it so far? Is there a write-up on it anywhere?

There are so many good engines to choose from right now, it's hard to decide what to get - or what is the best.

Anybody else got this engine? Know someone that does? The more info the better.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Wow! $494.99. Not exactly cheap. Why did you choose this engine? What do you know about it so far? Is there a write-up on it anywhere?

There are so many good engines to choose from right now, it's hard to decide what to get - or what is the best.

Anybody else got this engine? Know someone that does? The more info the better.
Hi rmd,

Actually, I got it for $350.00

The hobby shop I purchase from says, it's the best engine they have ever held in their hand. (hands down) They were totally impressed. They love the red anodized aluminum carb reducer.

They only got the first sample in today. So I am the first one they have sold it to. I guess I will be the test pilot on this engine.

I know, there is so much to choose from out there. I just decided that, I use OS at present and know the brand, so I suppose sticking with it might be a good idea.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:37 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Hi rmd,

Actually, I got it for $350.00

The hobby shop I purchase from says, it's the best engine they have ever held in their hand. (hands down) They were totally impressed. They love the red anodized aluminum carb reducer.

They only got the first sample in today. So I am the first one they have sold it to. I guess I will be the test pilot on this engine.

I know, there is so much to choose from out there. I just decided that, I use OS at present and know the brand, so I suppose sticking with it might be a good idea.
Let us know how you like it.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jag
Let us know how you like it.
so you guys know rc.champ has got them for less than 3 bills shipped to you doorstep....heard there gas guzzlers...but let us know.....very interested
Old 06-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
so you guys know rc.champ has got them for less than 3 bills shipped to you doorstep....heard there gas guzzlers...but let us know.....very interested

Yeah, I seen the OS Speed thread after I posted above.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Stripping Wheels

Hi All

I run a WC edition RRR in the Rubber National Championship in the UK. I've been following this forum for a while now and it's given me some ideas about what to upgrade next. But for now I would like some help with a little problem I had today.

The wheel hex's on my pre-glued Sorex tyres are stripping and allowing the hex on the axel to spin in the wheel. Is this a problem others have had, I've never experienced it before but last time out at Ashby and today at Cotswold I stripped several wheels.

www.cotswoldmodelcarclub.co.uk

Are the wheel hex's smaller on the V one, and is there an alternative I should buy? I've got some East hex's on order, but if there is something else I should try let me know.

http://shop.the-border.nl/product.php?productid=22532

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.