Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba 3PK & Sanwa M11

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
the functions on the 3pk are just soo easy to get to that it makes setting up the car a breeze!!

This is so true, last race meet i realised my engine was stuffed in my car before racing started so i got my dads spare car, set it up in my radio and was ready within a couple minutes for my heat
Old 04-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I always hear how people complain about the 3PK / M11's weight. I cant speak for what the m11 feels like. But my older 3PJ which a lot of people were comparing with were saying how the 3pk is heavier radio etc.

I weighed them both and the 3pk was just 5 grams heavier. Thats unnoticable at that weight. As well its got a compact design at top so this makes the 3pk actually feel lighter and consequently is easier to hold. So that was one thing holding me off. Now Im sitting here kicking myself cause I now have a lighter radio and it takes a neck strap so double plus.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have always been on the 3PK,true, the ease of configuration and setup on the 3PK is awesome BUT if I were to start off with the M11 I would be saying that too about the M11. It's a;; about the learning curve,remember,change is consistant.

I am contemplating to change my transmitter and had the priviledge to test out the M11 for a few days and found the accuracy of the M11 is superior to the 3PK. Plus the feel of the steering wheel on the M11 is much more weighted. On the 3PK I increased the steering wheel tension by dialing in the 1.5mm set screw BUT all it did was to pull the spring harder which resulted in the steering having higher tension on the initial turn unlike the M11's feel which is more consistent across the range.

FEatures on both controllers are the same except that 3PK has an in-built fail-safe which would be desired in the M11.

The M11 is more weight balanced compared to the 3PK. Just my observation of both transmitters.

Last edited by devious17; 04-23-2006 at 09:23 PM.