Search

On Road / Touring Racing in Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:31 AM
ade
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default On Road / Touring Racing in Michigan

Is NITRO Onroad/ Touring car racing dead in Michigan?

I have not heard of any place racing this season..Thought I'd just check.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

A lot of people, I think, from your area are coming down to Toledo to race. It is an awsome track and it's relatively simple to get to. If you are interested in coming down check out the Great Lakes Challenge forum, it has links to the website.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:18 PM
ade
Tech Regular

Default Mighigan

Thanks for the information. I've heard a lot about this track.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

There's only going to be a Midwest Series in Detroit in September.

Most people from the Detroit Area prefer to race in Toledo. As far as getting something going in Detroit on a more regular basis, that all depends on how much we can get people to actually participate in planning. We've held club meetings and posted announcements for the Club meetings during the offseason but no one seemed to come out. If we had more interest for it, and participation in planning, we'd certainly be able to get something going in Detroit area. It just doesn't seem to cut it for me when only 2 people show up to club meetings these days.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ade - Just ran on the track yesterday morning for a couple hours, running GREAT!!! The traction was a little loose at first, but it started to get better as the morning progressed and more cars were running. It seemed to be great in my eyes (I'm a noobie), and with the high traction, I didn't break anything, yet! As far as the looks of the track, it is awsome, we painted everything last week, so it practically looks brand new.

Have a good one, and good luck getting guys together in Detroit.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Web site for Toledo On Road track. www.oneeighthracers.com

50 to 60 minute drive from Livonia - Plymouth to Toledo track on the East side of Toledo.

We will be racing Fuel on road 4 of the next 6 Sundays.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:55 PM
ade
Tech Regular

Thanks for the information. I dont mind the travel but was lookin for something a little closer to home. We have some good indoor racing here (CEFX, Dirtburners (offroad) and few other club tracks).

Originally Posted by trumpster1
ade - Just ran on the track yesterday morning for a couple hours, running GREAT!!! The traction was a little loose at first, but it started to get better as the morning progressed and more cars were running. It seemed to be great in my eyes (I'm a noobie), and with the high traction, I didn't break anything, yet! As far as the looks of the track, it is awsome, we painted everything last week, so it practically looks brand new.

Have a good one, and good luck getting guys together in Detroit.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:57 PM
ade
Tech Regular

Tom,

With a 2yr old daughter - I just couldnt make the meetings and sometimes I didnt get a notice (wrong email addy). Where will the MWS be held? I would like to come out and support that.

Originally Posted by tomkelley
There's only going to be a Midwest Series in Detroit in September.

Most people from the Detroit Area prefer to race in Toledo. As far as getting something going in Detroit on a more regular basis, that all depends on how much we can get people to actually participate in planning. We've held club meetings and posted announcements for the Club meetings during the offseason but no one seemed to come out. If we had more interest for it, and participation in planning, we'd certainly be able to get something going in Detroit area. It just doesn't seem to cut it for me when only 2 people show up to club meetings these days.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:58 PM
ade
Tech Regular

Thanks for the website Thammer!

Originally Posted by Thammer
Web site for Toledo On Road track. www.oneeighthracers.com

50 to 60 minute drive from Livonia - Plymouth to Toledo track on the East side of Toledo.

We will be racing Fuel on road 4 of the next 6 Sundays.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ade
Tom,

With a 2yr old daughter - I just couldnt make the meetings and sometimes I didnt get a notice (wrong email addy). Where will the MWS be held? I would like to come out and support that.
Hey its not just your fault. I'm not trying to put blame on anyone or anything. Its really just a general lack of interest in it. Believe me, if we would have the amount of support that the Toledo club has, people like you wouldn't have to worry about coming to club meetings when they have to take care of things at home. The way it works down there is that someway somewhere or another everyone puts in their contribution in their own way, including myself. Perhaps someday the DRCCC might share the same amount of support, at least we can hold on to the hope of it. I'd really like to see a stronger DRCCC as well as a Toledo club, Both would benefit from it.

As far as myself goes, Kevan Bowers, the new VP will be handling the Midwest Series this year. I'll be out of the country starting tommorrow for the next 6 months. The Midwest Series race should be at the Emagine theater again in canton in September.