Wiki Posts
Search

Is R/C breaking up the Home?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Dr. Phil RULES...

It's a fun show to watch. You'de be amazed how man people out there are unsure of what reality is. Funny show...

As far as the RC / Wife thing goes. If your wife is giving you crap about RC then the RC really isn't the problem. The paying attention part is. Some people need to figure out what it is that makes them obsessive over a certain thing, be it RC, Video Games, or any other "hobby". Having a hobby is a very healthy part of ones life. Having an obsession is not. I was obsessed with RC for a while... I ended up splitting up with my wife and spending alot of wasted money and time to get nowhere. I still race and still read the forums but I have made it more of a hobby, not an obsession. And I'm alot happier now.

And the woman need to figure out why they need the constant attention. Are they insecure about themselves? Do they fear being alone? Or are they just evil (hehe)

All in all... it's just one of those things in life that is hard to see the "reality" of the situation. Good luck to those that go through it.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

By the sound of it Dr. Phil would be the ideal place for Maxboost.
Old 12-26-2002, 12:00 PM

I think a lot of it also comes from the cash aspect. I got married a few years ago and we had one account, which caused a problem every time I purchased something because if she didn't know about it she would have to transfer money from savings to cover it, and if I didn't tell... well you know what happens then. This was really a sore spot because I didn't go to college to get a good job to not be able to spend a little money. So last year we decided to set aside my money as a seperate account which I do as I please with, plus 50% of my OT goes in there so it gives me incentive to make a little more money. Makes things a lot easier, haven't fought a battle since then. Most people find something to spend their money on, some do video games, some do hi-fi, dvds, cds, my wife buys fiestaware, etc. If you actually add up all the expenses of racing it's pretty shocking. People can't believe it, but they haven't looked at where their money goes probably. Then, believe it or not there are those who don't know how to spend their money or they can't enjoy a hobby because of the cost even though they have thousands sitting in the bank, or they don't want to retire because they have nothing to do with their time. That's sad and unhealthy.
Old 12-26-2002, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Smitty: I got two photo's of Kelsey at Cinci. My buddy happed to be standing next to her. I got two good shots of her, on drivers stand. One might of been the running out of fuel thing. I can send them to you. If you want.

Just e-mail my home address.
I am at work, but i can send them to you later.

[email protected]
Old 12-26-2002, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Splitting up the money is a good thing. Little pointer - every once in a while take some of it and spend it on something she wants as a surprise... It will help you down the road when the new T35 GFX comes out and she sees you paid $600 for it
Old 12-26-2002, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Smitty;

I'm VERY impressed with your Daughter.
My Son just turned 8 and has been Racing 1/10 Nitro for about 1-1/2 years, he's been kicking some "B" in Novice but still has a way to go before the move to Sportsman. Hopefully by the time he is 12 he will be kicking MY "B" at the track.
Wish you and your Daughter MUCH success in the coming year.