Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Nitro RS4 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

HPI Nitro RS4 2

Does anyone own one?......i seem to be hearing that is quite a good car?.....Care to comment?
Old 10-24-2001, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: HPI Nitro RS4 2

good beginners car

oww yeah and it's strong. just don't expect to get alot of nice option parts with it! it's as stock as a dogs bone. just by tires for it a pipe/header springs oil and you should have a really decent beginners racing car. any hop ups after that and i'd be considering a new car. if you can get a cheap thick chassis get that to. the stock chassis can takes some good nocks though.

if you treat the 15fe well and put a racing clutch on it it is pritty good.

(have you noticed how much extra is needed to race it? how about a ob4? check to see weather parts are strong. i noticed you are from singapore. do they sell NEOs there? they are a really good brand. i've got one.

Last edited by ozzyNEOdriver; 10-24-2001 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2001, 06:29 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The RS4-2 is not a bad car, but if you want to race, i would suggest getting at least the "Racer2" version. It includes most of the hopups that you need to race, and with some tweaking is a good car.

If you want to be VERY cometitive in nitro... look at a V one R, MTX-2, Nitro TC3 or something alone these lines.

Drop in the chat room tonight, We have a Scheduled chat tonight.
Old 10-26-2001, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

i was just wondering, how does a RS4 racer 2 compare with a V1R or a Mugen MTX2?
Old 10-26-2001, 10:05 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

V one R & MTX-2 are definately better cars, but you can still race, and do well with a Racer2.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Pivot ball suspension cars will always have it over others. If you really want to race at a track, Pbs are the way. if you want do both tack and parking lot bashing, well, hmmm. The Racer 2 is the best RS4 ever made. I have one & I like it.
But I also have an OB4, Sawheeeet!
Old 10-29-2001, 06:23 PM

If this is going to be your first nitro car and you don't already have experience with pivot ball suspensions, go ahead and get a RS4. You will be able to concentrate on engine tunning and not problems with set-up. I have raced a couple of different chassis and the RS4 doesn't give up a whole lot when tuned correctly.
Old 11-17-2001, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Yea, if ur a beginner on nitro, get a Hpi, when u break stuff, u can go almost anywhere to get replacement parts. Hpi NRs4 is a great car you can mess around with, i.e.. changing parts, hop ups etc. But u don't wanna spend too much on hop ups part, before you know it u can get another car with all hop ups u got on the car. My friend got a NRS4 and I use too also, it was a fun car to mess around with, thats how I first learn about nitro.
Old 11-17-2001, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Uneke
If this is going to be your first nitro car and you don't already have experience with pivot ball suspensions, go ahead and get a RS4. You will be able to concentrate on engine tunning and not problems with set-up. I have raced a couple of different chassis and the RS4 doesn't give up a whole lot when tuned correctly.
It's nice to see an honest view of a car....... well said
Old 12-10-2001, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm just going to say that some Nitro beginners can probably already set up a pivot ball car.