Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JUST SOME QUESTIONS--

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default JUST SOME QUESTIONS--

Hey, im new to the site-i recently picked up an ofna ob4-slim line and ive become quite familiar with it already-i managed to swap a nova mogen mt12 engine-its running with a two speed-great performance! Just a quick question, my engine seems to heat up to about 350-400*F within a tank. Anyone know what i should do to make it run better-its already running pretty rich?????
Also-just picked up the RPM camber gage- what do you guys recomend for the front and rear tires?
Thanks.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mt12ob4
Hey, im new to the site-i recently picked up an ofna ob4-slim line and ive become quite familiar with it already-i managed to swap a nova mogen mt12 engine-its running with a two speed-great performance! Just a quick question, my engine seems to heat up to about 350-400*F within a tank. Anyone know what i should do to make it run better-its already running pretty rich?????
Also-just picked up the RPM camber gage- what do you guys recomend for the front and rear tires?
Thanks.
First off I think your motor is running way too hot try to keep temps in the 200 and up when driving it also go over to the engine thread and ask some questions about this particular motor someone will be able to help you.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

350-400 it would be blowing up or not lasting long.

Are you sure its running that temp? I see canada in the sig so your probably used to C.

You can goto google and type in 123C to F and it will convert it to whatever your running or just post what you know its running to C. Otherwise dont run that motor again until you get it worked out or your going to blow it at those high temperatures.

400F = 204C. You should be running 240F = 115C , thats about the right range. Maximum I would ever allow would be 270F = 132C.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

alright thanks guys-youve been a great help-i just found out that i should probally run it a little more richer since the weather is getting alot better-ill try it out- see what happened and keep you guys posted-thanks agian.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah theres two needles one of them is way off or your running rc plane fuel or something weird.