Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info. >

2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.

2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Stefan....why are you looking for dirt and rumours?

Talking about any so called "incidents" serves no purpose. It would overshadow the awesome display of talent, and driving displayed at this race.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tboned_2002
5.13.3.8 Assaulting another individual. This will also result in suspension of ROAR membership for a minimum of 90 days.

Comical.
i don't know about that. but by hacking other people cars during the race is unacceptable. Roar should come up with more stricter rules. e.g. if you intentionally hack others for the 1st time, you will get a warning (stop-and-go). but if you keep doing it for the second time, you are out of that heat right away (pitman gotta pull the car off the track). And if your car got pull out of the track, let's say 2-4 time (whatever Roar think is reasonable) You are out of the event. (pack your stuff and go home, bye bye...)
Old 06-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I wasn't there for the "so-called" incident, but I just want to say that we drove down for one day from N.Cal to support and watch some outstanding races and race management. There is definitely no need to dwell on the insignificant matters. Spend the time giving props to some awesome driving.

Just my 2 cents.

Congrats Team Serpent
Old 06-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Rcfoolz- send me a clip as an attachement to my emali address. All I remember was lift open and drop. It all happened so fast.

Jeffry Lin are you still using the engine with the bad casted block. Ths F-block..HEHE

The truth is that the event went well and tempers did flare but the event and its stellar racers made for some exciting spectating.

RC Scoring Pro -was ther providing live access to the event so those who could not be there could see. I know because our friends knew all the details before I did..WOW is all I can say. Thank God for Doug Hay and Rc Scoring Pro... Hey Doug where is my wireless router..hehe

The bad part of the end of the race was when I had to send the car back to Serpent.. I am having withdrawels...
Old 06-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangulo
Rcfoolz- send me a clip as an attachement to my emali address. All I remember was lift open and drop. It all happened so fast.

Jeffry Lin are you still using the engine with the bad casted block. Ths F-block..HEHE

The truth is that the event went well and tempers did flare but the event and its stellar racers made for some exciting spectating.

RC Scoring Pro -was ther providing live access to the event so those who could not be there could see. I know because our friends knew all the details before I did..WOW is all I can say. Thank God for Doug Hay and Rc Scoring Pro... Hey Doug where is my wireless router..hehe

The bad part of the end of the race was when I had to send the car back to Serpent.. I am having withdrawels...
Just squeeze the venom out
Old 06-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paolo and Rafael,

You guys are always welcome to come visit. It was nice having you guys here.

Chris

P.S.

Jeffrey will always have bad cases.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to comment on ROAR's excellent job of organizing and hosting this event. They did a great job making sure that everything went smoothly, thanks for that!

However, I would also like to comment on the lack of rule enforcement done by ROAR's officials this past weekend. There were many occasions where drivers got away scott free with infractions of all kinds. From rough driving, to fighting in the pits, to riders meeting attendance etc. It seemed like the referees were so busy making sure no one pitted on the hot side of the pit wall that they never saw what was going on on the track, or in the pits for that matter.

Rules are in place for a reason but they are meaningless if they aren't enforced to the fullest extent. Otherwise it is all idle threats and we are heading into R/C anarchy.

Rules are rules, if you break them you should be prepared to pay the price, no exceptions.

BK
Old 06-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Rafi....maybe the car will still next to my 1/8th scale and keep it company....lol
Originally Posted by rangulo

Old 06-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mxwrench
I would like to comment on ROAR's excellent job of organizing and hosting this event. They did a great job making sure that everything went smoothly, thanks for that!

However, I would also like to comment on the lack of rule enforcement done by ROAR's officials this past weekend. There were many occasions where drivers got away scott free with infractions of all kinds. From rough driving, to fighting in the pits, to riders meeting attendance etc. It seemed like the referees were so busy making sure no one pitted on the hot side of the pit wall that they never saw what was going on on the track, or in the pits for that matter.

Rules are in place for a reason but they are meaningless if they aren't enforced to the fullest extent. Otherwise it is all idle threats and we are heading into R/C anarchy.

Rules are rules, if you break them you should be prepared to pay the price, no exceptions.

BK
i agree. also about restart or good start, the official should do some body signal like waving flags. put 4 referees for each corner if restart ever happens (or some other incidents), they wave, e.g. yellow flag. just anounce on the speaker alone..sometimes driver can't hear.....
Old 06-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default ok

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi Guys,

Back at the office after an intense week of racing. I am extremely happy for the result. I will like to thank a few people, sorry if this will be a little long.

First of all congrats to Toso and Raf. You guys work really well the whole week. Toso show me one more time that he is a true professional driver and Raf teach me his neverending patience.(you got my vote for pitman). Thanks also to Mark, you guys where ballistic at the pitstops.
Thank you guys for the effort and for bringing the title home

Congrats to Scotty and Roniel. Your learning process working togheter is improving dramatically from race to race. Scotty show that even with the pressure, he was able to perform. For sure even if only still 17 years old, he is no more a promise but a reality. I think he will be one of the greatest RC drivers in the years to come.

Congrats to Gianni, my mechanic. Beside wrenching on my car, he was there in the bad moments, with advises and support. Thank you

Congrats to all the team for the hard effort. Leo did a good job, he deserve the final. Next time buddy. Garen did excellent in both classes. way to go my friend. Molzer team was awesome. Thanks for the support and looking forward for the next race. Thanks to all Serpent drivers for showing up and support our products.

Congrats also to Mugen and Kyosho. We where all really close. Mike was on fire this weekend, showing one more time that we have in US one of the greatest at the moment. Josh, what can i say. You are a world class driver and you show it at every event. Good job man. Congrats also to the other finalist (you know how you are)

I was willing to thanks for the great hospitality. Chris V, Leo V, Brian N, Garen H, Marc C, Ryan N, and the Kyosho guys that where sharing the drinks at the Hotel every nigth.

Thanks to the track host, James Reese for his effort. Last but not least, congrats to the Roar Race Management Team. You guys did a awesome job and i personally thinks that is the way to go. Mike, Jim and Doug. You guys did really good.

Paolo
it was a pleasure meeting you paolo see soon
Old 06-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure that the infamous incident is being taken cared of by roar. If anybody noticed the poeple involved in the incident were no longer at the track by the time the finals were started. So I think its a stretch to say that ROAR just ignored the incident.

Every event can be done better but from my point of view ROAR did a good job on running this event.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys,

Back at the office after an intense week of racing. I am extremely happy for the result. I will like to thank a few people, sorry if this will be a little long.

First of all congrats to Toso and Raf. You guys work really well the whole week. Toso show me one more time that he is a true professional driver and Raf teach me his neverending patience.(you got my vote for pitman). Thanks also to Mark, you guys where ballistic at the pitstops.
Thank you guys for the effort and for bringing the title home

Congrats to Scotty and Roniel. Your learning process working togheter is improving dramatically from race to race. Scotty show that even with the pressure, he was able to perform. For sure even if only still 17 years old, he is no more a promise but a reality. I think he will be one of the greatest RC drivers in the years to come.

Congrats to Gianni, my mechanic. Beside wrenching on my car, he was there in the bad moments, with advises and support. Thank you

Congrats to all the team for the hard effort. Leo did a good job, he deserve the final. Next time buddy. Garen did excellent in both classes. way to go my friend. Molzer team was awesome. Thanks for the support and looking forward for the next race. Thanks to all Serpent drivers for showing up and support our products.

Congrats also to Mugen and Kyosho. We where all really close. Mike was on fire this weekend, showing one more time that we have in US one of the greatest at the moment. Josh, what can i say. You are a world class driver and you show it at every event. Good job man. Congrats also to the other finalist (you know how you are)

I was willing to thanks for the great hospitality. Chris V, Leo V, Brian N, Garen H, Marc C, Ryan N, and the Kyosho guys that where sharing the drinks at the Hotel every nigth.

Thanks to the track host, James Reese for his effort. Last but not least, congrats to the Roar Race Management Team. You guys did a awesome job and i personally thinks that is the way to go. Mike, Jim and Doug. You guys did really good.

Paolo
I almost forgot to thanks Ace Hobbies.....Kevin Jr and Billy, thanks for providing tables and shades and for the hospitality where at SF.

For sure i am missing someone else...... Thank you all

Paolo
Old 06-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Hey Rafi....maybe the car will still next to my 1/8th scale and keep it company....lol
Hey Barry, you are wrong. Toso's cas will be in the show room as a trophy car......yours.... it's on one of the work shop shelf waiting for some action (don't worry, your spot in the show room is waiting for the 1/8 Nats )

Paolo
Old 06-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Barry, you are wrong. Toso's cas will be in the show room as a trophy car......yours.... it's on one of the work shop shelf waiting for some action (don't worry, your spot in the show room is waiting for the 1/8 Nats )

Paolo
WOW!!!!!!!!

Cant wait for the 1/8th nats!
Old 06-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Mugen Seiki

Special thanks to Mike Swauger, Robbie Collins and all the Team Mugen guys for providing me a pit space and for your support during the event. You guys were awesome. I really appreciate it.

Also thanks to Ken Li and Maxy, for the pit. Thank you very much.

Congrats to the ROAR Management Team, It was my first time at the Nationals and all my questions were answer and receive all the support I expect it.

Nice to see Paolo, Gianni and Rafael again. Hope you guys can make it to the 3rd Latin American Cup, July 14, 15, 16 at Barceloneta, Puerto Rico.

Thank you all.

Andy
Puerto Rico

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.