Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beta bob
So when I get my 720 I should get the plastic x brace and do your mod?

NO, the plastic one is used normal. Only cut the Aluminum one. If you use the plastic one it has enough flex.

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-13-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
NO, the plastic one is used normal. Only cut the Aluminum one. If you use the plastic one it has enough flex.

DJ Apolaro
DJ , i use the alloy uncut on a low to med traction track, i also use the brass insert, and the spool. i only mod the side brace behind the engine. the car is awesome, but its the 08 car not the 09. still i dont think id see much gain going to the 09. i have the pro shafts already, and use the WC trans. will be heading interstate in a few weeks to attend the SA state titles, in South Australia. i hope to do well compared to last year with a better car than what i used last year. ill be running the 960 08 also. be first interstate event with the 8th scale. been working on both cars setup, and feel they are both dialled in nice. fast, and very responsive, but yet alot of grip.
will be trying out the Capricorn tyres for the first time also, any one used or tried them ? cheers, Patto..........
Old 04-13-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds like you got the car working for how you drive. That is good news and the most important thing. Good luck at the race and hope you do well. Let us all know how it goes. If you need help while you are there just ask and I bet people might have ideas for you. I will also keep a look out for the forum in case I can help in any way.

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-13-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds like you got the car working for how you drive. That is good news and the most important thing. Good luck at the race and hope you do well. Let us all know how it goes. If you need help while you are there just ask and I bet people might have ideas for you. I will also keep a look out for the forum in case I can help in any way.

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
thanks DJ . i first got the tourer sorted in the build. thats the new purple front spring and the red. no front bar, solid front, and the rest is all out of the box.
it was a dream the first run. so i decided to try it out with the 960, as i was running the purple front spring on the 8th. so i went to green front and stayed with the pink rear. no front bar, and 45 rear bar. i then found what i was looking for, and that was steering, with still a settled rear. straight away it felt better. so i got my consistancy in tourer as low as 0.16, and yesteray with the 8th , 0.20 . now to work on the clutch setups more closely, and ill be right. any suggestions there would be great, im using the std clutch spring with both the 8th and tourer. maybe there is a harder one i can use, or something similar. thanks again DJ.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

For both clutches use

stock spring
.7 gap
.2 end play
red shoe
tighen the spring to have 1.3 thread showing, as a start. Then tighen till it starts to slip, then back it off just a little at a time till its stops slipping.

If traction is very high and you need more bottom snap, use .8 gap. If traction is not good use .5 gap.

These are just starting points.

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-13-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

For both clutches use

stock spring
.7 gap
.2 end play
red shoe
tighen the spring to have 1.3 thread showing, as a start. Then tighen till it starts to slip, then back it off just a little at a time till its stops slipping.

If traction is very high and you need more bottom snap, use .8 gap. If traction is not good use .5 gap.

These are just starting points.

DJ Apolaro
Thanks DJ.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I am just about to get the 720 09 and now i see that a totally different and brand new car is coming out in 6 months. But i don't want to wait and don't want to buy something if a new car is in the future so should i worry?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

DJ,whats min. weight for nitro tourer,1725??Is there a max weight?Whats your car weigh?
Old 04-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beta bob
I am just about to get the 720 09 and now i see that a totally different and brand new car is coming out in 6 months. But i don't want to wait and don't want to buy something if a new car is in the future so should i worry?
this is what i'm waiting for, the new car. i don't want to pick up another 720 and then the new car come out. do we have a release date yet? pictures?
Old 04-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Bob if you plan on racing this season then go ahead and get an 09' kit cause the 7xx won't be around this season to the average drivers we may not get them until january or so. Jmo the 09 is a very good car
Old 04-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by intimidator
DJ,whats min. weight for nitro tourer,1725??Is there a max weight?Whats your car weigh?

No Max weight. The min is 1725 and mine is about 1740, sometimes heavier if I play with front diff or the insert on the front. But my normal is about 1740

As for a new car, I have not been told about a release date. But if you want to race this season, I would get the 09. You will not be disappointed.

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

As for a new car, I have not been told about a release date. But if you want to race this season, I would get the 09. You will not be disappointed.

DJ Apolaro
Yea i really understand this car is a great car and i should have no problems with it once i get it set up but im not the type of person who likes to buy a new car every year i mean i have a ntc3 a MTX2 and a tc4 and i liked how they were aroun for a while until a new car came out.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Where can I get Serpent parts in central FL???
Old 04-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Internet or try and contact Pete Pepe.

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Pete Pepe?Whos that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.