Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COREX
Try less rear toe, and learn how to drive correctly
Thats not nice!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by eduardo_garcia
Hi

I'm having problems with my new 720. I has too much oversteer. Satuday I raced with tires 42 (front) and 37 (rear), 3 degrees of rear toe in, red coils (front) and white coils (rear). With this setup I get some grip on the rear, but not like I had on my 710. With the default setup is simple impossible to drive the car. Any hints?

Regards

Eduardo
Try lying down both your front and rear shocks... Placing them in hole number 1. After doing this, I would go back and use the stock red shock springs as a starting point. Next, change your servo saver to the long one... Part# 802146... Cost all of $4.00 US dollars... Your car will steer so much more smoother and not be twitchy... Your steering will feel and improve 100%... More like the way a 710 feels... Next adjust your dual-rate on your radio if you're over steering and bring the rate down until you're getting just the right amount you need... You never said what your front and rear droop is set at... If it's the stock settings... and you're not getting enough rear traction, try 0mm in the front and 5mm in the rear and see if that makes an improvement... You can also adjust your front sway bar to help you gain some rear traction... Also, are you running a front oneway, front diff, or locked??? Try the front oneway... You mention that the track is clean, but what kind of traction/bite does the track have??? High-traction or low??? This will help in choosing the right tire shore as well... 37 rears might be alittle to soft and even though the logic is to go softer in rear with tires, some tracks setups run better with 40's in the rear for low bite tracks and for super high bite as hard as 45's front and rear... Just something else to consider... The stock roll-center settings are already set for a low traction track... I would leave them set as stock. I hope the info helps... Try the first 4 changes listed above all together... You should see a big difference... Then if you need more fine tuning... I would try the other changes one at a time and see if you see any improvement. Take notes of what you have done/changes and what does and does not work for you Goodluck...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 09-18-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The rest of the setup was the default setup. The track was clean (IFMAR 2004 world cup track at Brazil)
Hi eduardo, its probably a better idea to look for another 720 running good at your local track. As experienced as some people are giving advice, they wouldn't be able to help as much as someone running in your track.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by asil
maybe a lighter rear diff oil will solve the problem.. just give it a try..
I agree.. I will try a heavier oil on the front diff and some light oil on the rear... I'm usinf 50000/30000. But I will try change the rear first
Old 09-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Default hey

Try 15,000 or 20,000 in the rear, tire combo 38 frt 40rear with the 50,000 in front diff.With oneway, 20,000 rear, tire combo 40 frt 2to3mm shaved from the inside frt tire 40wt shockoil frt an rear, 42s in rear ,blue springs frt,rear.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Default also

with oneway setup frt blade 90degrees ,frt droop -1 rear droop +5.)
(with diff setup blade flat frt droop between -1or-2 which ever suits your driving style droop in rear +5 lay shocks all the way in frt an rear the car will be real easy to drive.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

The rest of the setup was the default setup. The track was clean (IFMAR 2004 world cup track at Brazil)
This may take a minute, but for the brazil track, there are some things to consider. I have not driven there, but have heard of the off camber turn and the bumps. So try this.

front diff - 100,000wt
rear diff - 20,000wt
front shock oil 35 wt 2 hole pistons
rear (same)
red springs
front shocks 2 hole from bottom
rear shocks 2 hole from bottom
steering ackerman long
front sway bar 45 degrees
rear sway bar soft inner hole on bottom
mazda body
tires 40 shore all around
200mm in rear
199mm in front
front toe -1
rear toe +2
front camber 1.5
rear camber 3
rear ride height 6.5
front ride height 5
front droop -1
rear droop +5
Rear and front roll center stock

Start with this and hope it helps

D.J. Apolaro
Old 09-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Hi

I'm having problems with my new 720. I has too much oversteer. Satuday I raced with tires 42 (front) and 37 (rear), 3 degrees of rear toe in, red coils (front) and white coils (rear). With this setup I get some grip on the rear, but not like I had on my 710. With the default setup is simple impossible to drive the car. Any hints?

Regards

Eduardo
I have had similar issues at some tracks. I changed to 10000 oil in the rear diff, power putty in the front diff & took the clutch gap back to .5 to make less agressive. Seemed to work well to get the power down coming out of corners. The tyres you are using should help stop off power oversteer as well. I am still using reds in the rear & blue in the front for this type of problem.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Hi eduardo, its probably a better idea to look for another 720 running good at your local track. As experienced as some people are giving advice, they wouldn't be able to help as much as someone running in your track.
I thought the same thing, but since he posed his question here... I figured I would give him some area's to look at/check as these tips would help anyone with the 720 looking for tractions regardless of track... Oh, I've driven the IFMAR 2004 world cup track at Brazil for over a year... On VRC...

RC_Alan
Old 09-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by soc123_au
I have had similar issues at some tracks. I changed to 10000 oil in the rear diff, power putty in the front diff & took the clutch gap back to .5 to make less agressive. Seemed to work well to get the power down coming out of corners. The tyres you are using should help stop off power oversteer as well. I am still using reds in the rear & blue in the front for this type of problem.
To be honest if you are running 37 rears and 42 fronts than the car is not set up correctly. I do not know what is wrong, as I am not there, but you want a neutral car and softer rears is not it. what happens with tire wear and such. Trust me, try the set up I put. I think it will help. Use your suspension to correct the problem, not just tires. Your should be able to run even tires or harder in the rear.

D.J. Apolaro
Old 09-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
This may take a minute, but for the brazil track, there are some things to consider. I have not driven there, but have heard of the off camber turn and the bumps. So try this.

front diff - 100,000wt
rear diff - 20,000wt
front shock oil 35 wt 2 hole pistons
rear (same)
red springs
front shocks 2 hole from bottom
rear shocks 2 hole from bottom
steering ackerman long
front sway bar 45 degrees
rear sway bar soft inner hole on bottom
mazda body
tires 40 shore all around
200mm in rear
199mm in front
front toe -1
rear toe +2
front camber 1.5
rear camber 3
rear ride height 6.5
front ride height 5
front droop -1
rear droop +5
Rear and front roll center stock

Start with this and hope it helps

D.J. Apolaro
Eduardo

I went to Brazil worlds in 2004 as mechanic. I guess it is a off throttle oversteer problem

I agree with DJ’s the setup, except for the following:
Use front rigid axle in front. In 2004 many (if not all) top drivers, and many not that top, were using it to help avoiding traction roll.
Do not use that much difference in ride height (5mm front and 6.5mm rear). If you are having oversteer problems, start with same ride height front/rear
I guess DJ is talking about downstops, not droop.
A little bit more rear camber (4 deg) would be a good idea.

I also remember that to avoid traction roll in that track, many drivers were using front shocks in an upright position.

I agree with DJ in that I can not imagine such a difference you tried in tires and spring hardness as a good idea. A car with such difference (red fronts and white rears) is probably far and away from being balanced. Remember also that 37 shore can not be used in high temperatures and they tend to slip and you get an oversteer situation.

Hope it helps
Old 09-19-2006, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys:

Thanks for the tips. I will try them and keep a log of the handling changes.

regards

Eduardo
Old 09-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

im looking for pinions and spurs for the 710, where can I find them, are they the same as the 720? can any combination of gears be used like on the mtx 3 prospec?
Old 09-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcjayy
im looking for pinions and spurs for the 710, where can I find them, are they the same as the 720? can any combination of gears be used like on the mtx 3 prospec?
I have the pinions in stock for the 710/720. The internal gear ratio is different on the 720 from the 710 so the cars require different gearing.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I have the pinions in stock for the 710/720. The internal gear ratio is different on the 720 from the 710 so the cars require different gearing.
Hey Lee. Actually, using the same pinions and spurs as the 710 on the 720 works good, even though it has a different internal ratio.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.