Serpent 720

Old 09-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

arahawk, oranges serpent spring F+R

part # 909414
Old 09-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Those are the old springs. Do you need the new or old ones?

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Those are the old springs. Do you need the new or old ones?

DJ Apolaro
What are the differences? and most importantly where to get them??

Thanks
Old 09-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ceaz
arahawk, oranges serpent spring F+R

part # 909414
Thanks!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Arahawak
What are the differences? and most importantly where to get them??

Thanks
The new versus old have different pound ratings. Try Kamikaze

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
The new versus old have different pound ratings. Try Kamikaze

DJ Apolaro
I got the part number. Thanks

Anyways i wanted to ask what will be the a similar spring to the old orange springs from the new ones? I am having a hard deciphering the numbers of the new springs.

Last edited by Arahawak; 09-28-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone using Orion's Constant Pressure Device? And is it worth it?
Old 09-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default My 720 experience

Ive been running the 720 for about a month now and it's the best handling Nitro sedan I've owned. I run on a medium size/low bite track. With DJ's base as a starting point, the DNA body and Xceed 38's all around, this car was unreal. I ran Mugen for several years and I'm not saying it's not a good car but I could not get the MTX4 to do what I got my 720 to do in just a couple of weekends. The 720 just suits my driving style better.

Just had to post my experience.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Serpent720
Anyone using Orion's Constant Pressure Device? And is it worth it?

I have been using it togehter with a 353 tuned, fatboy pipe, short manifold, 20% nitro combo at our local track ( medium sized, mixed, low bite ) and manage to get a minimum of 6 mins on a full tank.

I have used it in Maryland ( 301 ) , medium manifold and I'm able to finish 5 mins with a bit of fuel to spare.

I guess it works for me. The only problem is I'm not really sure how to tweak the device and see if I can get more out of a full tank.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Had a great weekend of racing. Let me start at the beginning.

So, its Thursday and the regionals start the next day. I know Im going to run my 960 08, but I had the itch to run 200mm, which I haven’t run a lot this year. I have my first car, but the WC kit needs a lot of maintenance and since I have a 960, I wanted to run its brother, the 720. So, I talk about it with the pillow and Friday morning I call Sam, at Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies. I ask him if he has any 720s in stock, and he does. Now I live 1 hour and 30 minutes away from the shop. Nigel has built my 960, so I ask Sam if Nigel can build me a 720. Friday I leave work early and head to the shop, when I get there the car is about half way built.

Next morning we get to the track, I run practice and the car handles perfect. First qualy and I blow my engine. Second qualy I do a perfect run. Third qualy, my engine eats a plug 1 minute in. I go look at the time sheets and to my surprise Im second in the B main. To most that’s bad, but for me not being that fast and having a brand new car that I had never driven before, its like holy crap!!

On Sunday I borrow an engine from Team Kamikaze, I put it on the car, do a little practice and go run my main. The car was perfect the hole run and I bumped. There was a little problem with the loop not counting my laps, but after talking to the race director, my pit man helped them count my laps to show that I finished first

A main, it was my first A main ever, I was running third. With 10 minutes left to go I runed out of tires. The track has bad tire wear, I started at 64mm rears and 62mm fronts, this also cost me the third spot.

The car was built perfectly, but more importantly Nigel nailed the setup. Thanks Nigel!!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Serpent720,

I have used the Orion's Constant Pressure device for about three races now. I am running it at the factory recommended settings. This is my experience with it so far:

- The motor is consistent throughout the run (i.e., does not have the tendency to lean out as the tank is running out of fuel, Big Plus)

- Fuel consumption is higher at the recommended settings. I've noticed that with it the tank is almost near empty at the five minute mark (all other factors being constant). This is not good, but I believe I can remedy this by adjusting the pressure regulating setting.

- The device by design leaks oil, so there is quite a bit of cleaning after each run, and the pipe gets pretty dirty quickly. Since I am the type of guy that like his car clean, this is a real pain in my opinion.

So far I am willing to put up with the oil mess and as to the fuel efficiency I still need to play with the settings to improve it. I like the little gadget and will continue to experiment with it.

Since I just started using the device I am wondering how reliable it is and what its failure modes are. I guess only time will tell. Please let me know if anyone has had any experience with the device's failure mode.

I hope this helps.

Erchur

Last edited by Erchur; 09-29-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Ceaz,

The outer bearing for the V-one RRR CVD is 6X12 mm.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Had a great weekend of racing. Let me start at the beginning.

So, its Thursday and the regionals start the next day. I know Im going to run my 960 08, but I had the itch to run 200mm, which I haven’t run a lot this year. I have my first car, but the WC kit needs a lot of maintenance and since I have a 960, I wanted to run its brother, the 720. So, I talk about it with the pillow and Friday morning I call Sam, at Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies. I ask him if he has any 720s in stock, and he does. Now I live 1 hour and 30 minutes away from the shop. Nigel has built my 960, so I ask Sam if Nigel can build me a 720. Friday I leave work early and head to the shop, when I get there the car is about half way built.

Next morning we get to the track, I run practice and the car handles perfect. First qualy and I blow my engine. Second qualy I do a perfect run. Third qualy, my engine eats a plug 1 minute in. I go look at the time sheets and to my surprise Im second in the B main. To most that’s bad, but for me not being that fast and having a brand new car that I had never driven before, its like holy crap!!

On Sunday I borrow an engine from Team Kamikaze, I put it on the car, do a little practice and go run my main. The car was perfect the hole run and I bumped. There was a little problem with the loop not counting my laps, but after talking to the race director, my pit man helped them count my laps to show that I finished first

A main, it was my first A main ever, I was running third. With 10 minutes left to go I runed out of tires. The track has bad tire wear, I started at 64mm rears and 62mm fronts, this also cost me the third spot.

The car was built perfectly, but more importantly Nigel nailed the setup. Thanks Nigel!!

hey nirodude
you saying i need to call nigel & built me 1
Old 09-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nah, just call him about the setup. Whatever he tells you , its going to work. See if you can steal some drivings skills too, he has plenty to spare.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Nah, just call him about the setup. Whatever he tells you , its going to work. See if you can steal some drivings skills too, he has plenty to spare.
ohh i have plenty of those driving skills the only thing i dont get is luck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.