Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
will the old one-way fit?
A lot of steel and optional parts will fit. There are a few plastic parts unchanged too.

Rene
Old 06-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
I have to say....FINALLY...a turnbuckle type rear camber link......A+.
I did not like the turnbuckle system. Maybe it’s because when I looked at other brands cars it had so much flex. A racecar is stiff or it has flex on parts you want to have flex. I hate flex at suspension parts (at on-road racing).
But it’s so much easier to work on. We could make a very stiff lower suspension-arm, so the flex is minimised.
Now I like the turnbuckle system too.

We still learn stuff, sometimes a little slow, but we get there, .

Rene
Old 06-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good Job Rene ,Car luce very nice I like...

Maxy Velazco
Old 06-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default 710 vs. 720

Guys, is there enough new and worth while stuff on the new 720 to justify waiting to get my hands one of them? Or, is the 710 with a few after-market up-dates just as good if not better? Too early to tell?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maxy, and Paolo,
Im waiting for my 720,where are you guy's hidding It!!!
After the nationals you can send them to me so I can Fit the Body's better!!!
And use the car for Inspiration!!!!
Good luck at the Race
With your brand New Mugen killer!!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC Guy
Guys, is there enough new and worth while stuff on the new 720 to justify waiting to get my hands one of them? Or, is the 710 with a few after-market up-dates just as good if not better? Too early to tell?

according to mytsn, the car will be out beginning of july... that's 4 weeks for now. it's gotta be worth the wait
Old 06-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Better sell that car to one of those begginers at the track and order your 720 Jo. As soon as I get my shipment I will bring it to the track, pit right next to you, and without comment put the box between us facing you!!!!

Sam
Old 06-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TC Guy
The 710 is still a very good race car. If you put, the gear diff, the RCC shocks and the optional chassis plate, in the car it’s hard to beat. It’s not easy to make a new car and be faster (with no knowledge of setup) than a well-known good working racecar like the 710.
There has come a point we get close to the limit of the car. And than you need to look what you can do to improve the car (go faster or make easier to work on, or…).
That is what we did with the 720. We learned a lot from the 710 and now we made a even better car.

If you get into the details, you will find enough new stuff on the car.
In the end it’s always up to you.

Rene
Old 06-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sfelish
Better sell that car to one of those begginers at the track and order your 720 Jo. As soon as I get my shipment I will bring it to the track, pit right next to you, and without comment put the box between us facing you!!!!

Sam

i didn't like the ball diff of the 710 (personal preference)... but now that they are gear diff for the 720, i gotta have one. and the design is just beautiful!

i'm selling no cars yet because i need to run. so the 720 has to be out and available first before any further transactions .

any word on when you may be expecting the first batch to hit the U.S.?
Old 06-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i didn't like the ball diff of the 710 (personal preference)... but now that they are gear diff for the 720, i gotta have one. and the design is just beautiful!

i'm selling no cars yet because i need to run. so the 720 has to be out and available first before any further transactions .

any word on when you may be expecting the first batch to hit the U.S.?
Wait till after the Nats to get excited.

Four 720's in the top ten would be an awesome finish for a new car at a major event. Word has it that the testing has been going on for some time, so I'm hoping that the 720s will hold up durability wise. The drivers are more than capable.

MTX-4 killer? I'll believe it when I see it. MTX-4 ProSpec will definitely improve the car and some of the it's shortcomings. I'd hang on to the MTX-4 if I were you.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rene C.
I did not like the turnbuckle system. Maybe it’s because when I looked at other brands cars it had so much flex. A racecar is stiff or it has flex on parts you want to have flex. I hate flex at suspension parts (at on-road racing).
But it’s so much easier to work on. We could make a very stiff lower suspension-arm, so the flex is minimised.
Now I like the turnbuckle system too.

We still learn stuff, sometimes a little slow, but we get there, .

Rene
Rene...of course, turnbuckle system WORKS only with the good plastic parts...when I was running NTC3 and R40 before, those rear upper link can be pushed in with minor hit to the wall.......not the turnbuckle are not strong enough, actually, too strong that it stripped the plastic....on the other hand, SERPENT plastic never disappoint me.......and I am happy to see that happen on 720.

The last thing I want to see is the old design from Impulse/705 period...to adjust camber, we have to work with the lower 2 pivot balls dialed out....WHY make something simple complicated..?

And MTX4 vs 720 vs RRR EVO/WCE..............ah, subject is too old, and I am sick and tied to hear ppl saying Mugen or Kyosho are so easy to setup right out the box and can win and S710 was complicated and such and such..........Team Serpent, do something on the NATIONAL and proved that SERPENT is not just for TEAM DRIVERS or ppl has a PHD degree of Rocket Science to handle.........
Old 06-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

to me i base my decision on choosing a car on what appeals to me. i get excited to get cars that i thought looked good or whatever that i thought would be nice.

this serpent car looks really good. there's nothing wrong with my car and i'm not even asking for more, to be honest. but it will be nice to try this new 720.... is it better? i don't know... but there's only one way to find out .

i hope the new 720 comes with a one-way also and not just the front diff. although the front diff is a plus for me since that's what we use locally for our tight technical track. but for everything else, it's a one-way.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

to me i base my decision on choosing a car on what appeals to me. i get excited to get cars that i thought looked good or whatever that i thought would be nice.

this serpent car looks really good. there's nothing wrong with my car and i'm not even asking for more, to be honest. but it will be nice to try this new 720.... is it better? i don't know... but there's only one way to find out .
Old 06-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

i hope the new 720 comes with a one-way also and not just the front diff. although the front diff is a plus for me since that's what we use locally for our tight technical track. but for everything else, it's a one-way.
The one-way from the 710 can be used on the 720. So you'll have the locked front as an option at the same time. For most, a front diff is easier to handle, which is why we made it the choice for the kit with the one way available as an option.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Julius
The one-way from the 710 can be used on the 720. So you'll have the locked front as an option at the same time. For most, a front diff is easier to handle, which is why we made it the choice for the kit with the one way available as an option.

Good choice!

I have to say, with Rene explaining somethings here... i do think serpent makes upgrading from 710 to 720 very easy... not all parts are new (like it was when 705>710) and lots of stuff can be reused... seems the 710 was a great basis to go on with...

congrats with the new car guys... and it's coming in july? Now that's faster then i assumed! great great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.