Serpent 720

Old 02-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Killa G
This is great news! I am getting my 720 in the next few weeks and intend to have it hooked up to the max from the first day.
killa g lets go get ready floyed and 301 nitro season is with in smelling distance
Old 02-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
I'm just waiting for when one is available for order and will definitely try it.

I remember seeing something like this as an option when the first kyosho GP spyders came out in the 90's.....it was a one way that went on the brake/2speed shaft....and no one could ever expalin to me what it was for....

now I know
Old 02-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fastharry
I remember seeing something like this as an option when the first kyosho GP spyders came out in the 90's.....it was a one way that went on the brake/2speed shaft....and no one could ever expalin to me what it was for....

now I know
The idea of this option is to improve drivetrain efficiency and smother off throttle handling.

When you run a longer main, you will get different wear rates front and rear. Most of the time you will wear the reas faster than front. In the long run this will mean the drivetrain gets bound up, as the fronts will want to turn slower than rear. The 3rd one way as we call it helps to free up the drive train during off power phases (like coasting through corners). This helps to smooth out the handling mid corner.

It feels sort of running a front one way (when you are actually running a diff) without losing the braking power.

Also because of the way the 3rd one way is setup, you will also find you get more steering under braking when running a diff or spool up front.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Julius
The idea of this option is to improve drivetrain efficiency and smother off throttle handling.

When you run a longer main, you will get different wear rates front and rear. Most of the time you will wear the reas faster than front. In the long run this will mean the drivetrain gets bound up, as the fronts will want to turn slower than rear. The 3rd one way as we call it helps to free up the drive train during off power phases (like coasting through corners). This helps to smooth out the handling mid corner.

It feels sort of running a front one way (when you are actually running a diff) without losing the braking power.

Also because of the way the 3rd one way is setup, you will also find you get more steering under braking when running a diff or spool up front.
thanks that clears up a lot of questions i had
Old 02-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captian
killa g lets go get ready floyed and 301 nitro season is with in smelling distance
Man I can't wait!! I am trying to bring the heat this year! Last year the 710 was good but I had engine problems. this year I will be in business. Team venom will be in effect!!!! I may be able to make the capitol classic at 301 when Paolo and the team come up . Just hope they don't tired of me asking a million questions

Last edited by Gael L; 02-24-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Man I can't wait!! I am trying to bring the heat this year! Last year the 710 was good but I had engine problems. this year I will be in business. Team venom will be in effect!!!!
thats what i am talking about !!!!!! fire
Old 02-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

This year I'm going to run my 720 for the first time. I had a great year with my 710 last year. I'm still gonna run the 710 at short tracks in the area. Question. I bought the rear blade swaybar for the 720. Do you think that it might be too stiff ? I look at pictures of guys that ran their 720's and they appear to be running the stock style bar. Has anybody tried the blade option on their 720?

I will be heading up to Floyd-Bennet this year to race. I met many of you guys when racing was happening at Middlesex Community College.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
This year I'm going to run my 720 for the first time. I had a great year with my 710 last year. I'm still gonna run the 710 at short tracks in the area. Question. I bought the rear blade swaybar for the 720. Do you think that it might be too stiff ? I look at pictures of guys that ran their 720's and they appear to be running the stock style bar. Has anybody tried the blade option on their 720?

I will be heading up to Floyd-Bennet this year to race. I met many of you guys when racing was happening at Middlesex Community College.
Using the blade type sway bars gives you more adjustability instantly.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Man I can't wait!! I am trying to bring the heat this year! Last year the 710 was good but I had engine problems. this year I will be in business. Team venom will be in effect!!!! I may be able to make the capitol classic at 301 when Paolo and the team come up . Just hope they don't tired of me asking a million questions
I never get tired. So you and everybody is more than welcome to stop by at our table and ask any question
Old 02-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMartinez
George is rigth. To be honest i have not tried yet in the sedan. On really high bite can work, but maybe the std blades are a little bit too stiff, even on the softer setting, cause are the same we use in the 1/8 scale. I will ask Gianni to try it next week at the state series in Kissimme and will post the results!
Old 02-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Guys you will be able to make your own Paolo 720. He is tring really hard to get the things you saw on his car to the public.

DJ Apolaro
DJ is rigth. We had a small issue with the brass supplier (he did not send the same material as the prototype i have) and basically was a lot lighter and too soft.

The whole idea is concentrate the weigth in the middle of the car. The new chassis weigth around 40 grams less and the battery try is around 85 grams. With the new lipo that we will have also available, it makes the perfect combo.

There is more stuff on the works (removing weight from the rotating mass) I tested and it works but i did not use it at the Wnats cause i was not sure about the reliability.

In reasume, we are working hard on new products all made in USA. We will shortly offer the full line of Tuning parts. First will be chassis and battery tray and then the others.

Stay tuned
Old 02-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

I built my 720 at the end of the season. I had the parts, and was going to install the blade swaybar. I was having a good time with the larger one on my 960, but I read many aritcles and looked at many pictures.. Nobody was using it on 1/10th scale. So right now, my blade swaybar stays in the bags. It just appears to be very stiff, especially for parking lot tracks.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Just got back from racing the Serpent 720 today at Homestead Speedway and all i have to say is wow!!!! I wanted to thank Maxy Velazco and Paolo for all their help today and for allowing me to run with one of their cars. It is definitely different than electric racing, but is a lot more fun.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
Just got back from racing the Serpent 720 today at Homestead Speedway and all i have to say is wow!!!! I wanted to thank Maxy Velazco and Paolo for all their help today and for allowing me to run with one of their cars. It is definitely different than electric racing, but is a lot more fun.
It's exciting to see all of these very skilled electric drivers venture in the world of nitro. Makes for some very good racing!! Like Lemieux, Grosskamp and others. I have a few guys in my area that are going to bring it in the nitro scene this year. Working on a few more top notch drivers. I like electric but the cool thing about nitro is that one mistake may not cost you the race.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GMartinez
george we miss you up here in the nyc when you heading back up this way
jimmy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.