Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Strange radio gear problem (throttle and brake only) >

Strange radio gear problem (throttle and brake only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange radio gear problem (throttle and brake only)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Strange radio gear problem (throttle and brake only)

Hi, eversince we had our national event held over the weekend i ve noticed my throttle/brake servo has all of a sudden gone haywire, when i accel its fine although it does take longer than usual to center itself. The other problem is it takes a good 5 secs for my brakes to come thats how slow its gone, now i ve never had these issues before. I ve changed servos and even put my HRS pack on and still same thing, slow centering of the throttl/brake servo whilst the brake doesnt even seem like it wants to do its job, ive tried playing around with the radio gear with no luck but i have found out if i reverse the channels arund on the reciever it springs back to normal operation! but then my steering suffers the same problem. I ve come to the the conclusion its surely a programming problem but its one of those things thats driving me mad as i cant seem to figure out the cause of the it! Any help would be awesome.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check your throttle trim and steering trim on your radio. Oh, and check the batteries, too...seriously. lol
Old 03-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Fong give me a call
Old 03-29-2006, 02:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Right, took it over to Stuarts house tonight and apparently everythings pointing towards the transmitter unit, Changed servos = same prob, change modules = same prob, binded my spektrum with Stuarts helios problem fixed! Shoddy 3pk transmitter!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good to hear it was fixed! Figured it was something wrong with the tx...
Old 04-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

all fixed ae Fong it was the diode thats on the throtle, charger was a bit dodgy suspected it was the charger not putting out a consistant current and somehow effected the diode so we resoldered the joints and it was sweet, saves Fong $450 NZ
Old 04-06-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Chris West
all fixed ae Fong it was the diode thats on the throtle, charger was a bit dodgy suspected it was the charger not putting out a consistant current and somehow effected the diode so we resoldered the joints and it was sweet, saves Fong $450 NZ

Yup thanks Chris your dad and andy, saved me a arm and a leg. And gee thanks for posting pics on the hobbydirect forums with us trueing tyres on the motel bathroom floor!

Good times bro.