R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #16
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to integra evan Send a message via MSN to integra evan

I once launched my car off of one of those. Luckily it landed fine and nothing happened to the car. lol
integra evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We use road rails at our track as well. I find I have far less broken parts & repairs using these. As for people jumping them..... It happens in real racing too. Just ask Alex Zinardi!!!! We used to make our turns with them but it was too problematic & now use domes for the turns. As for the outer wall we have found an awsome material that is baisicly a plastic 2 X 6. It is divided into 3 2" sections internally. Connecting them is done with 2" PVC pipe in 6" lengths. We glued them on one side & inserted 3" to make them integral to the 2x6. Each 2x6 has 2 pieces on one end (top & bottom) and 1 piece on the other end (middle) to make a conncetion that looks like this -= at the junction. These boards are then backed with tubular sand bags to keep them from moving when hit. No one in our entire group bent a stinger hitting this during the entire season. If you hit directly where a sandbag was backing it you could collapse a camber arm but that is all.
TM, Murnan, RB, Morgan, Nomadio, GQ, Integy, GP, Duratrax, Protoform, Cruisin, Raceday, Wolf
GBagRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #18
Tech Addict
Send a message via ICQ to Jammin'Trey

I have raced with them, They will teach you how to drive quick. they will launch your car if you are not careful.
Jammin'Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #19
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

as stated, they caused minimal damage to the car.
ALSO as stated, they act as ramps. this is unacceptable when you are going WOT down a straight and off a sudden, a car jumps the track and appears in your path. SLAAAAMMM .. CRASSHHH ... .. . that's the about the only thing i hate about it but it's a big sore point for me...

have to add - easy to assemble and disassemble.
YOKObori MOkei
wyl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #20
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Update! I got an email today from Joris Adriaenssens from MCM Distribution, Belgium and he told me that he spoke to the owner of HyperHobbies and that the company and Web Site (I think he meant the shopping cart) will be up and running in about a month.

So if you are interested in getting Road Rails, try contacting them the first week in May. It's a good product.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote