For those that were following this thread, I've decided to pick up the Eagle Tree Systems' Seagull Wireless Car Dashboard (http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Car/car.html
). It's really the best way to go:
1. Because it's a standalone system, it is radio independent.
2. The display can be mounted anywhere. It doesn't have to be on the radio.
3. Plugging the Seagull receiver into the back of your notebook gives you unlimited data capture capability and you capture quite a bit on-board as well
4. RPM sensor can really help you tune your engine.
5. Data capture history allows you to track your tuning progress over time.
Once you can dial in your engine like your suspension, it's one less thing you have to worry about.