Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ntc3 diff gears

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default ntc3 diff gears

does anybody know if they make derlin gears for the ntc3????
Old 12-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: ntc3 diff gears

Originally posted by integ32
does anybody know if they make derlin gears for the ntc3????
I don't know, but I'm waiting! A friend melted his rear diff right out this weekend. . .was pretty cool, but ugly!
Old 12-11-2002, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Talking Yes and No!

Oh they make em. You will probably not see them for a long long time though. It is kinda like the fuel tank issue. They will eventually release new delrin diff gears but, they will say there was never a problem with the originals but here is the part to fix the problem your not having. LOL
GO MUGEN!!
Old 12-11-2002, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah......when I look at Assoicated website, they said they have never experienced the front 1-way gear got stripped and the diff case/shock tower got loose problem...........

Wow.......what were they smoking.......? They have no DIFF CASE/SHOCK TOWER got loose problem...? It is because Barry Baker and other team driver use a brand new car after every day of racing, thats why.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

More like a new car after every qualifier. The team guys have all been using delrin diff gears at least as far back as the World Cup race in Cincy. I saw them myself at the Paris race.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

I gotta say, though, that I've never had a problem. My friend's diff was loose and you could hear it slipping. . .it's gotta be why it melted.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Smile ntc3diff gears

thanx for the info. i personally never had a problem with the gears, and i run a one way to. they usually strip if u get the car off the ground and stay on throttle when it lands,so the key is just let go of the gas,also always make sure the diffs have grease on them. but it would be nice to have the derlin gears though for added security. GOOD RACING
Old 12-12-2002, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

There's also a spacer kit available for the diffs....don't know the part number off hand.

You've got to adjust the "backlash" of the ring and pinion in the diff., these spacers go on the outdrive portion and space the pinion gear(on the driveshaft) to the ring (larger) gear. You just want a very small amount of play between these gears. If they're adjusted right, the gears last much longer and don't strip out.

Also, its a good idea to replace both these gears at the same time, even if one still looks good.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:05 PM

Hmm! MY Richey ripps pinions out like nothing, no matter how you shim them, and its not from hitting stuff with the front or rear either. My trouble is when it shifts into second gear, mainly with 5 tooth split 1st/2nd gear. It also will melt the center out of the ring gear on ocassions. So theres diffently a problem there. I think thats also why Dennis has park his NTC3,( Diff gears stripping, engine vibration issues and fuel delivery problems). The car is hard to keep consistant!
Old 12-14-2002, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here's a picture for you guys.
Attached Thumbnails ntc3 diff gears-finals-029.jpg  
Old 12-14-2002, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

trhat is not fair where did you get the gears tell me tell me tell me I am like a little kid I will be searching the web all day
Old 12-14-2002, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

bb thats exactly why I sold my car. If you run the car with a stock motor its less of a problem if at all. Put serious HP in it and its all over, stick a fork in it. LOL The car is fast when its on. but surviving a main is a crapshoot for me personally and I'm not willing to put a stock motor in mine. Its a great qualifying car though. Yes team associated has been using a hard delrin or moulded nylon gearsets for a while. YBSLOW pits for barry from time to time he knows this for a fact.
I'm going back to belt cars because the belt will absorb the shock when the car shifts and the input from the wheels if you happen to tangle with someone without breaking the drivetrain.

Last edited by Motorman; 12-14-2002 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-14-2002, 08:53 AM

I'm working on the diff gears now, The molds have been made, may start pouring a few this weekend! We're looking into a couple different compounds and thinking maybe some bronse dust to help stiffen them some. I'll keep you guys posted! BB
Old 12-14-2002, 08:56 AM

True Dennis! I did'nt have much trouble at all until I went to major HP!
Old 12-16-2002, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

bbntc3

if you got the gears made in delrin, please PM me..

thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.