Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Why do you love Nitro Onroad?

hey guys,

Why do you love nitro on road?

I know its more of a talk talk topic but im just curious.. hehhehehe
Old 03-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

I love it because its like racing the real racing thing. better yet, you don't get hurt.... your pockets do get hurt at times... hehe.. anyway, it allows me to experience racing first hand. I can feel the RUSH, the pressure, and the Energy. I love the hour long mains. It really tests the endurance of a person. ok... your turn? hehehe
Old 03-16-2006, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

you spend much only at the beginning and after it, everything seems to go through smoothly. Engines dont get to be changed often and you only need to tune it sometimes (OS engines). Its realistic with its sounds and smoke and its the perfect "toy" for the speed junkie who doesnt have enough dough for the real thing. Its pretty much safe coz when it crashes you dont crash yourself with it except your heartrate might be going faster at this time.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The sound !!!!

The Speed !!!!

And.......

The Smoke !!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maskedrider
The sound !!!!

The Speed !!!!

And.......

The Smoke !!!!
oh yeah... i forgot about that.... wahahahaha... that's the first thing i love about nitro when i got started. wahhahahahahahahaha
Old 03-16-2006, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There's nothing like coming off a corner in a slight drift and hitting second gear. Fuel engines do a lot more for me than electric motors.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default Why Nitro?

1) Obviously the fact that there is a piston motor and a drive train/clutch/gear box carries the essence of motor racing. Chassis set up, tires and tinkering complete the pit rituals

2) Competitiion - I like the pressure of multiple competitors and the need for a strategy to even get off the starting line. This puts the focus on the driver, not the car and the need to finish; to finish first.

3) Midweek tinkering - something to do midweek - the anticipation of new parts coming in and the ever present "tweak of the week"

4) The total zone out - where everything at work and home disappears at the track when you pull up and greet your racing buddies and overhear a car on the back straight.... wondering if you brought all your stuff to the track.

5) Finally, this forum and others that fill voids in life to seriously contemplate why we do what we do.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The smell!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ducati-Rider
1) Obviously the fact that there is a piston motor and a drive train/clutch/gear box carries the essence of motor racing. Chassis set up, tires and tinkering complete the pit rituals

2) Competitiion - I like the pressure of multiple competitors and the need for a strategy to even get off the starting line. This puts the focus on the driver, not the car and the need to finish; to finish first.

3) Midweek tinkering - something to do midweek - the anticipation of new parts coming in and the ever present "tweak of the week"

4) The total zone out - where everything at work and home disappears at the track when you pull up and greet your racing buddies and overhear a car on the back straight.... wondering if you brought all your stuff to the track.

5) Finally, this forum and others that fill voids in life to seriously contemplate why we do what we do.
Man you hit it right on the head. The biggest 2 for me are the speed and the noise, there is nothing that sounds as good as a tourer or 1/8th down the back striaght full tilt.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default IT'S THE RUSH!

CONTROLLING A CAR RIGHT ON THE EDGE.JERK THE WHEEL,AND IT'S TIME TO EAT THE WALL.AND THE MOST IMPORTANT; THE FUN. IT LETS THE KID OUT IN ALL OF US.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The competition is awesome, if you get everything right. One thing out of whack and it can definatly mean laps not seconds.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default why

i would have agree with ducati-rider
Old 03-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

becase my wife hates it....
Old 03-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Initiate

I have not done any onroad nitro r/c yet, but im getting there i just got my HPI rs4. I love it its so kool looking, its so much smaller than my t-maxx, i like cars a lot more than trucks, my maxx never see dirt its a street drivin maxx, so i said hey what the hell i need a street car so i got one, i can not wate to run it, it should be fun. i had the lil tyco wal*mart cars when i was lil and when i turned 15 i got my first .15 maxx since than i have never bought a eletric r/c again and i never will. nitro rocks it makes noise, they smoke the tires off, and best of all they piss the neighbors off
Old 03-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

I love the smell of methanol in the morning!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.