Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum Micro-Receiver won't bind

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Spektrum Micro-Receiver won't bind

I opened up my NIP SR3500 (aka SPM1210) and tried to bind it to my DX3, but the LED only flashes twice and goes dark. I have the bind plug in the "B" slot and the power in the "A" slot. As I understand it, the LED is suppose to flash until it binds with the transmitter and then go solid.

Anybody know what the problem is??

BTW: When I power up the receiver without the bind plug, the LED flashes once and goes out. Is it suppose to stay lit??

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Rainer,
I heard recently that the micro recievers have this comon problem for some reason.
I'm not sure what it is but a lot of the micro recievers have been doing the same thing(or not doing in this case).
Sorry i couldn't help you but your best bet is to get it checked out at the place you purchased it from
Old 01-06-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you're in Hawaii, you might not like my suggestion but...I bought a used spektrum system and had problems with it glitching so I called Horizon Hobbies (which i think owns spektrum) and they were great. I told them I didn't buy it new and I didn't buy it from them and they said that was okay and just send it to them. I don't remember where they are but they replaced the antenna wire on the module, the antenna wire on the reciever, upgraded the software, mailed it back to me all within a week and at NO CHARGE! I was very happy. I suggest calling them and sending it to them. Except for the shipping time, I think you'll be as happy as me. I haven't had a single problem or glitch with it since they fixed it and i've used it a lot.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Try the RX pack in another slot. Make sure the batt plug is plugged in correct, actually flip it arround and try it the other way. Mine did that kinda dark glow thing when I installed it, turns out I had all the plugs in backwords. Once I straightend it all out, I had a real bright glow and she was able to bind. If all else fails call horizons tech support, they will tell you the next step.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Also, no it wont stay lighted up till it is bound and has signal. make sure you are turning on the reciver first, see it blinking then pull the bind wire out, turn on the transmitter while holding its button once you get the RX blinking rapidly.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info and suggestions guys.

It's kind of hard to see, but they do have those small little |l, + and S labels on the LED side. I pretty much tried every combo I could think of and after doing the bind procedure it doesn't work. What gets me is, that even with the power off on the receiver, the green light on the transmitter still blinks and goes solid. What's a joke. The light should go amber or there should be a message or indicator on the LCD that effectively indicates "bind process didn't work".

Since the RX side doesn't continue to blink, I can only assume it's the RX. I will call Horizion product support on Monday (no tech support on the weekend) to see if I can get this straightened out. I'll let you know what they say and what happens.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

I have 3 micro receivers and 1 doesnt bind , its still new never been used.I just have to get it back to specktrum. Theyll take care of it, so this is comnmon. good luck!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is it the standard Pro receiver or the Micro receiver
Old 01-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Call spektrum , its very simple , send it to them and most likely youll receive a brand new in package RX. Free of any charge with a very timely turn around time.

By far the most forgiving and willing to help company on this subject and yes , horizon/spektrum are as one.

Get the info for the send in by calling and its very simple.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Is it the standard Pro receiver or the Micro receiver
It's the Micro.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Call spektrum , its very simple , send it to them and most likely youll receive a brand new in package RX. Free of any charge with a very timely turn around time.

By far the most forgiving and willing to help company on this subject and yes , horizon/spektrum are as one.

Get the info for the send in by calling and its very simple.
I called them today and they told me to send it to them to look at. Based on what everyone has been saying, I'm very hopeful that things will be resolved to my satisfaction.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Hey, the way to fix this problem is just to simply turn the plugs around the other way, i had exactly the same problem and it fixed it straight away
Old 01-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KYOSHORACER
Hey, the way to fix this problem is just to simply turn the plugs around the other way, i had exactly the same problem and it fixed it straight away
Isn't this the way it's suppose to be plugged in? If I'm suppose to flip it, then it's really jacked up

Old 01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Looks like your battery wire on the connector is hooked up wrong.
The positive [red] wire should be in the middle next to the negative [black] wire to the top of the picture.

A-Auxiliary
T-Throttle
S-Steering
B-Battery

Last edited by FREELANCE_RCer; 01-08-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
Looks like your battery wire on the connector is hooked up wrong.
The positive [red] wire should be in the middle next to the negative [black] wire to the top of the picture.

A-Auxiliary
T-Throttle
S-Steering
B-Battery
That's the bind plug you see pictured above.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.