Can anyone tell me about this car?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can anyone tell me about this car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Can anyone tell me about this car?

I know it is a HPI RS4 nitro, but i have no clue as to what year, i do not know anything about the cooling head on it, i know it is a 0.s. .12 with .15 internals. i also know the top deck is home made, other than that i dont know to much about it, also i know about the servos i got them the other day.
Attached Thumbnails Can anyone tell me about this car?-tmaxx-rs4nitro-001.jpg   Can anyone tell me about this car?-tmaxx-rs4nitro-002.jpg  
Old 03-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Honestly, it looks like a Duratrax. And I would definitely get another engine!!
Old 03-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Tech Initiate

well i know it is a HPI, but i do not think it uses the HPi chassi, i have not even run the car yet, so after i run it i will decide what happens with the motor.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

the motor is probably a .15 with an ALIEN head on it. This was popular about 6 years ago. If this car came from the carolina's area, it probably was ran on an oval track. It would make a good car to play with, and as for the head, if you decide to pitch the engine and get another, I would be interested in the head.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Few more pics
Attached Thumbnails Can anyone tell me about this car?-tmaxx-rs4nitro-005.jpg   Can anyone tell me about this car?-tmaxx-rs4nitro-006.jpg   Can anyone tell me about this car?-tmaxx-rs4nitro-007.jpg   Can anyone tell me about this car?-tmaxx-rs4nitro.jpg  
Old 03-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Initiate

i dont think i would get rid of the head because i can not find another one like it, i got it from a guy Chris Shaffer, he owned r/c outfitter in hanover PA. it was his car he raced it. but i did not get to talk to him to much about it.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

What you have there is a RS4-2. That is the stock chassis. The top deck and upper front arms have been modified quite a bit, but I can still see the base car. It must be really light. I know my racer-2 which is from the same lineage is a featherweight.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

yes it is light, very light i say 4 1/2lb but that is by feel i have not weighed it.