Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fw-05s or V-one-SIII???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fw-05s or V-one-SIII???

hi everyone, I am just new to this! just wondering which one I should buy according to their potential performance and which one have better classis for handeling!!!
which one I should go for???which one is newer?

Fw-05s or V-one-SIII
and do your guys know anywhere in melbourne selling them in cheap price! I dun might to get 2nd as well!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

Go FW-05S
Old 03-10-2006, 02:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was under the impression that the FW-05S was obselete... i thought Kyosho has seen the FW-05T as it's replacement, even though the 'T' is a RTR.

I could be wrong!

BB
Old 03-10-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

V-One SIII is newest model ! FW-05S is single speed older model, they have indeed the FW-05T and also the FW-05T+ at this moment.

I prefer shaftdriven, so I would go for FW-05.. but if price is the same, the V-One SIII is more up to date. (Has 2 speed, newer engine GXR15 etc).

If I remember correctly, the FW05S came with TX en RX unit and servo's. The V-one is without !
Old 03-10-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

The FW05T IS 2-Speed, with real centrifugal clutch instead of the old claw and pin of the old V-One S. I have no idea how the 2-speed on the V-One S3 is built though.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

OOPS i forgot that they don't have the fw-s any more so in that case go the fw-05t plus alot newer stuff is on it include v-one rrr shocks

I would say that even if you want to get the fw or v1 its going to be hard to find them as the newer models would have over taken them for example FW-05RR and the V-one RRR unless you want a RTR which is a slight down sider for most people.
ever thought of a hong nor/ofna CD3?
Old 03-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Thx guys, for all your comment, it does give me some idea!
I went down to the rc club track today and talked to some ppl there, they said that most of ppl there using V one S III , and they said it run a little bit better than FW05 s coz it is shaft drive!

I found one in japan kyosho website, they are selling fw05s cup edition 2, it include GxR15 , vone RRR shock, better header and muffler, at around $480 shipped to melbourne! at the same time v1s III cup edition is sightly cheaper!

Regarding to the FW05T , I wouldn't go for that one, coz it made from china and the engine is not as good as Gs15R...( ppl comment on other forum).

the things I am worrying is I would like to get one with better classis! so in this short period of time I wouldnt bother to chang another car. and I can learn bits and pieces for tuning over it!

any comment?