Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Thumbs up Spektrum PRO Series System.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1011

DSM 3-Channel Pro Surface System:
Overview

It wasn’t easy to improve on the Spektrum DSM™ module system. After all, the original systems have helped guys win races the world over. And everyone using Spektrum™ has benefited from the no-pins, no-crystals, no-interference, no-glitches reliability of its 2.4GHz system.

But our engineers pulled it off simply because it’s in their nature to improve and refine––to think outside the box to produce a better product. And this time the payoff is the Pro Series Module System.

While the original system adds just 5.6 milliseconds (that’s 5.6 thousandths of a second), to your radio’s own processing time, the new Pro System’s module and receiver combine to lower this already miniscule figure to a scant 2.6 milliseconds. It all adds up to lightning fast response and it’s sure to have racers feeling more connected than ever.

While Spektrum equipment has been extremely reliable for the vast majority of owners, static electricity discharges (ESD), caused rare but irritating “shutdowns” when it was used at some carpet and on-road racing venues in conditions of extremely low humidity. Well, it took some serious detective work to identify and neutralize the culprit, but we’re happy to announce that the Pro Series system incorporates changes that eliminate the problem once and for all.

To handle the rigors of competitive racing, we’ve treated your Pro Series receiver with a virtually clear conformal coating called ReliaKote.™ It’s an exclusive Spektrum plus that ensures reliable performance no matter how much dirt , gunk and motor spray works its way into your Pro Series receiver’s case.

Besides its other advances, the Pro Series system features an advanced, more rugged, premium-quality oscillator that not only shrugs off shock loads, but actually increases range via its RF link-boosting, ultra-precise frequency accuracy.

Key Features

New programming lowers latency 2.6ms (tx & rx combined)
Receiver board is conformally coated to protect it from dirt and fuel
New smoke gray case is fuel proof
Telemetry compatible

-- Availability date seems to be around Late April (according to horizon) - AI
Old 03-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They should have released it that way the first time
Old 03-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now I am glad that I waited.........
Old 03-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Time to make the change
Old 03-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ogreasurada
Now I am glad that I waited.........
me too
Old 03-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I should have mine on monday
Old 03-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

I never had problems with mine. I am just glad though that they did come out with a product that addresses whatever problems did come up for other users.

On top of that they are giving less latency and overall better experience now for the buyer.

But as things go. If you race, this is the way to go. I couldnt be happier that I bought the first version. Now im going to upgrade for sure but probably only if problems present themselves. But still might wait for the full new futaba version to come out.

Either or , these units now sound bullet-proof and im sure all the issues you hear about gone. Also they even look better , I didnt mind the grey , but the see through smoked is nice add-on.

I wonder if the New Spektrum modules work with the old receivers.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Or this one

DSM Module System: FUT 3PK, HRS Only
Overview
Futaba 3PK owners interested in the fastest possible processing speed are sure to be blown away by Spektrum’s latest engineering breakthrough.
A new, dedicated module and receiver have been developed specifically for use with the Futaba 3PK when HRS modulation is selected. The Spektrum latency has been reduced from 5.6ms to just 2ms!

This system is designed for use with digital servos only, and will be available in early in 2006. The module and receiver will be designated “Futaba HRS Version” and is for use with the HRS system only
Old 03-12-2006, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
I wonder if the New Spektrum modules work with the old receivers.
Yes, it will work with the gray spektrum receivers. The gray reciever will be receiving the 5.6 millisecond processing time instead of the 2.6 millisecond time using the new receiver.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:40 AM
teo
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Roger
Yes, it will work with the gray spektrum receivers. The gray reciever will be receiving the 5.6 millisecond processing time instead of the 2.6 millisecond time using the new receiver.
How about the other way around? Old tx module with new receiver, will that work?
Old 03-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JustxOnce
Or this one

DSM Module System: FUT 3PK, HRS Only
Overview
Futaba 3PK owners interested in the fastest possible processing speed are sure to be blown away by Spektrum’s latest engineering breakthrough.
A new, dedicated module and receiver have been developed specifically for use with the Futaba 3PK when HRS modulation is selected. The Spektrum latency has been reduced from 5.6ms to just 2ms!

This system is designed for use with digital servos only, and will be available in early in 2006. The module and receiver will be designated “Futaba HRS Version” and is for use with the HRS system only
Thats the same model in this post. Heres the futaba one im talking about.

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101721

Last edited by Artificial-I; 03-12-2006 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Anyone know whats the response times in radio systems that arent with spektrum systems?
Old 03-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Roger where are you getting it? How much?