this could be the longest thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

this could be the longest thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

No he cant, cause he is LIEING!!!! I on the other hand have a mugen MTX-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unfortunately its at home waiting to be driven, and i am at boarding school in newport Im pretty sure my dad just bought a new digi camera, maybe he can test it out on my car and email me some pics!!! besides, i need a new desktop backround!!
Old 12-10-2002, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

HPI goblins. They mostly come out at night, mostly.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
HPI goblins. They mostly come out at night, mostly.

Old 12-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Nytrochaos,

I agree, this guy is complete BS!
Old 12-10-2002, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by maxboost
i special ordered mine last month at my lhs. after waiting for such a long time, it finally came three days ago. not done putting them together though but it looks better than the picture. i live in california and we always get it first!
Yeah, I cant see how Serpent would tell us that they are delaying the release date to fix some errors and then send at least two to you.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by modellor
Yeah, I cant see how Serpent would tell us that they are delaying the release date to fix some errors and then send at least two to you.
This could be the longest thread for others to bust on this idiot.

I cannot stop laughing !!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by maxboost
im almost done putting them together and hope to run it this afternoon. i cant wait.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

sorry to bring this thread back up, but i am new and just wondered something. is the constant hpi bashing because most new people who are not willing to tune, be patient and learn buy rs4 rtr kits and then ask retarded questions.. and suck at the track, and so forth... or is it because hpi makes less of a car than other manufacturers? i recently got interested in nitro and bought an rs4 rtr 3. ive had it for about a month and have taken it completely apart.. i wish i had got a non-assembled kit. i was not attracted to hpi because it was rtr. i was attracted to it because as a complete newbie, i knew nothing accept that lots of people have them and parts a readily available. are there severe downfalls to owning an rs4?
Old 12-12-2002, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

All them answers plus the fact that HPI insist their cars are capable of competing with brands like Mugen, Serpent adn Yokomo without any additional parts like solid axles etc. lol
Old 12-12-2002, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I personaly dont like HPI for many reasons, modellor hit the nail on the head, and their distributer here in Aust is less than credible.

The bashing of HPI Goblins has nothing to do with the HPI products. HPI have their place in the rc market, as does radioshack and other toy brands. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I personaly dont thing getting HPI as your first car is that bad a thing, hell I did..... just remember, despite the companies hype, HPI does not produce "raceing" kits, with the possable exception of their electric kits.

If you were about on the old HPI forum, you would have seen a lot of stupid questions, and claims. (I put a turbo on my os12cv...I just finished building my 705, but have no proof etc)

Up untill recentlly this site was relativly free of this content, but with the demise of the meeting place for the HPI Gremlins, The site is slowly filling up with these and other useless posts.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

I think it is mainly due to the fact that their cars contain many flaws which never get repaired. I used to race a Racer 2 which was supposed to be a "top line racer". Here were the problems:

1. Outdrives chunked rapidly
2. Diffs were weak and damaged easily
3. Rear belt got rocks into it so often (almost 1 time per race meet!) on a clean track
4. Huge amount of drivetrain binding
5. Weak suspension arms that bent easily
6. Poor handling dynamics in general

It was an expensive and frustrating car. Once you buy a "racecar" (which is actually a misnomer a V1R is totally at home bashing in a carpark) you will see what I mean.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Yep sparksy is right, the HPI bashing is mainly due to the goblins that infested that forum. There was so much rubbish and lies floating around it was sickening. It was a place for kids to come and "play" like this thread shows.

These forums should be a place to share knowledge based on experience or at least good sound theory, not a child minding service.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer
These forums should be a place to share knowledge based on experience or at least good sound theory, not a child minding service.
I agree with AMGRacer. But we are not saying that kids with genuine questions are not welcome. We are always willing to help a genuine newbie that really wants to learn more about this hobby.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:03 PM
Suspended

actually, if u look at this people whos talking crap bout hpi stuffs are nothing but some high school kids! .. wanna bet? post ur pic son! and lets see whos the KID!
Old 12-12-2002, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Dont know about you but I left high school 9yrs ago. Check my profile, my Date of Births on it. I dont race an HPI either (Yokomo GT4 heavily modified). And I am no kid at 26. I have also been racing at top flight for 15 years and I have the trophies to prove it. So I would think I know a good or bad race car when I see it.

And if you want to see a picture heres a link. Check out third place in the 200mm ic foam class.

my picture (Campbell Wade)

Also note that in first is Glenn Beale (UK Serpent Sponsored driver), and in 2nd is Chris Steele (NI Serpent Sponsored driver).

Last edited by modellor; 12-12-2002 at 05:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.