Search

Mugen MTX4 Front Differential

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Mugen MTX4 Front Differential

To all,

Can you guys recommend a site or manufacture that makes front differentials for the MTX4?

There aren't many long tracks here in Minnesota so we are constantly hitting the brakes on our short/technical tracks. One-ways aren't too popular around here.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mugen makes a diff for the front of the car. The manual will show you what parts to get and how to build it. Page 3 and 4 of the MTX4 manual show all you will need.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The kit comes with the case and pulley for it. you just need to buy the innards. It uses the same pulley that the 1-way uses except that you do not install the ring. If the ring is installed, the pulley will hit on the bulkhead.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

it is the same gears and inner parts u nid for X3 rear diff. X4 rear dif use shorter dif cups.

but what silicon oil are u planning use?brakes is 1 thg,but be carefull coz u might loose the on power POWER of X4..
Old 03-08-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I finally bought the MTX4 and I have seen all the parts that you need to build a front differential. However, does anyone know if a front differential can be bought as a whole? I'm just trying to reference my local hobby shop with one part number rather than multiple numbers to get a front differential built.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Nobody that I know of makes an assembled front diff for the MTX4. There is no "one part number" for the diff.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mnpinoy
I finally bought the MTX4 and I have seen all the parts that you need to build a front differential. However, does anyone know if a front differential can be bought as a whole? I'm just trying to reference my local hobby shop with one part number rather than multiple numbers to get a front differential built.
Unfortunately, mugen seiki doesn't provide a whole front differential assembly. Like what most members on this thread says, you'll just need the internals to complete the front differential.

Last edited by Roger; 03-08-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SPOOL

Originally Posted by mnpinoy
While you are at it, try the solid spool set-up first. I wouldn't be surprised if you like it better than a Diff.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I saw somewhere that either 3Racing or Kfactory makes the alum front diff housing for MTX4. It might come with the internal parts also.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by silverM3
I saw somewhere that either 3Racing or Kfactory makes the alum front diff housing for MTX4. It might come with the internal parts also.

3Racing make one but its just the case (no internals), id use a spool (lighter no silicon oil)