Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I can restore old worn piston/sleeve sets for $15.00

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 07:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I can restore old worn piston/sleeve sets for $15.00

Hello, my name is Eric Miller and I just got my sleeve compressing machine, and would like to offer my services to those who wish to have new life squeezed into thier engine. I have done this to my old OS RG engine and it runs like brand new again! If interested, contact me at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> and I will answer your questions and give you more information. The 15 dollar charge will get the piston/sleeve restored and mailed back to you. The process does not take long and I will ship the parts back to you same day or the next!
The process involves compressing the sleeve in equal amounts all the way around the sleeve, the amount that it takes is so little that the process maybe repeated numerous times until the the piston/sleeve are showing indications of excessive wear. The chrome plate on the sleeve is typically much thicker in comparision to the amount of wear that actually occurs, thus making this process very reliable, and repeatable! I guarantee my work, so if I can't do the work right, I'll send you back your check or money order, and your parts, however, in the unlikely event of the piston/sleeve getting damaged during this process, I will not replace the parts, as they are already worn out and it would cost me too much to replace them. I will however, refund your money, and send the parts back to you. It is very unlikely that the process would not be sucessful, and for only $15.00, your engine will run like new again and last as though it is new all over again. If you place an order with me, I will give you my phone number for your security and concerns. Just send me an e-mail that indicates you would like your piston/sleeve set restored and I will e-mail you my phone number to finalize your order.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:46 PM
Tech Rookie

TTT
Old 12-05-2002, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

or you can just attack the top of your piston with a screw driver and a well weighted tap of the screw driver handle with a hammer
Old 12-05-2002, 06:19 AM
Tech Rookie

What on earth are you talking about?? Is that something you've tried or is that how you think it is done? LOL!
Old 12-05-2002, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Thats the main way it was done for over 20 years now. Have you never seen people doing this at the trackside? When you know your engine isnt going to last the Main, what do you do? Smack, bang and you have an engine capable of lasting for the hour.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:25 AM
Tech Rookie

No, this process is much more precise than that. Read closer what I've already submitted.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

I know your offering a more precise job. Most people would probably rather get it done your way but all we are saying is that the Tapping method also works if you are in a jam.
If I was in America I would be sending you my piston/liner to get them done proper.
And at $15 it is a real bargain.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Does the piston and sleeve have to be scratch free. I have two RB X-12 pistons and sleeve and they have light scratches on the side. Can this still work? I'm very interested. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Does your new machine slice and dice like the vegomatic...I knew Ron Popeip would be

"Far be it for me" to cratique squeezy's work ....But... "one" sleeve smashed in the lathe collet does not offer an acceptable R & D of proceedure. Let me give you a clue.....The hammer/screwdriver methode works as well as the lathe collet. All we need is a few guys operating off the "seat of their pants" , offering the public ,more than likely, shotty workmanship. Do not ruin it for the guys that are offering results. Show your machine squeezy! POST A PICTURE
Old 12-05-2002, 05:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Nice try getting to see my machine, but I would prefer to keep it propietary so that people don't try to do thier own thing with who knows what and improvise the process and screw things up. Furthermore, if you don't like what I'm offering, then don't give it a second thought. It is very unlikely that I would screw up a worn out sleeve any worse than it already is, especially using the high presision machine that I have. Sorry if you don't like the competition, some will like the fact that I charge less and guarentee my work.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

On the other web site forum you addmitted to only doing "one". How about a little more R & D. I find it ludacrist that a computer tech tells the public that he has a piston resizing machine. Your using a lathe at the very best and you know it. And if a collet system even remotly provide results, I would have not spent months in reserching and testing my tooling. Your not compatition...Your just some one wishing to provide a service with out giving it any real forthought. You have absalutly no knoladge of metallurgy, or even the fundamentals behind a 2 stroke engine .
Old 12-05-2002, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
or you can just attack the top of your piston with a screw driver and a well weighted tap of the screw driver handle with a hammer

i think so

y would it be sooooo cheap considering this highy percision tool would be worth a bit if it was

i wont be sending my sleves no where till i see a pick of your machine and a before and after shot of the sleve with digital vernia calipers measurimg the id of the top of the sleve
Old 12-05-2002, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default You Go Young Australia Dued......

Man .....I have takin to like these Ausi folks. Brett, Is that acceptable Ausi ? Anyway, You email me ,showing your email address,and I will send you some pictures.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default pre 1960

u got mail
Old 12-05-2002, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

yeah buff said brett, i wouldnt sent my p/s without seing some solid proff that it realy dose work. how do we know u arent going out into the back shed and putting it into a vise and sckwzing the crap outa it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.