Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is this a good deal ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 12:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Check out this deal ?

I would like to buy a 1/10 scale 4x4 on-road car and so far I found the folowing
lowest price deal for $224 at http://cars.rcvelocity.com any idea?

A 1/10 Scale RTR Mercedes Speedway Racer Touring Car Combo (with Radio & Engine)

INCLUDES:
One Mercedes Speedway Racer GP Pre-Built Touring Car with Pre-Installed Velocity .15 Glow Engine.
One Radio
One Pre-Painted and Trimmed Touring Car Body.
One Free Start-Up Video.

SPECS:
Length (w/o body): 13.8" (350mm)
Length (with body): 16.8" (428mm)
Width: 7.5" (190mm)
Height: 4.7" (120mm)
Front/Rear Track: 6.3" (160mm)
Weight (RTR, w/o body): 3.1 lb. (1430g)
Wheelbase: 10.2" (260mm)
Gound Clearance: 0.4" (11mm)

please advice if this will be a good price for what I'll get

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Zero; 02-13-2003 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Zero,

Are you going to be racing your car? If so, find a racing track and find out what the other guys are racing. Better to stick with the crowd on your first car. If you are racing most clubs don't allow .15 engines.

I've never heard about that particular brand of car so someone else will have to help you with that.

Make sure you checkout a lot more web sites. Take your time
Old 02-13-2003, 02:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Thanks Browny

Yes probably in the future after I do build some skills,

My concern is if this price is good for this combo with the .15 engine, or do you think I can find a better deal.

So far after about 1 month or even more I came only with this one. The thing is I wanted to buy while I'm in the mode and the money is on my side

By the way any different when they say Nitro-powered or Gas car?

regards
Old 02-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Zero, basically there is everything there to start driving. Is the engine a pull-start or do you need a starter box? Make sure you find out because a starter box can cost you extra $$$.

Since I live in Australia I'm not totally sure about the price. For me to compare I basically have to double the $224. My first car cost a heck of a lot more than that, and didn't come with half the stuff that you could get in what your looking at.

Gas and nitro mean the same thing.

Hopefully if you keep this thread alive for a couple of days you gould get some replies from people in the US.

I know what you mean about wanting to get the car soon, just don't throw the money away after a car that isn't well known or there isn't much support from your local hobby shop (in spare parts). These things do break and you will get frustrated if you have to wait to find spare parts.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Browny,

Thanks for stopping and your kind attention, Yes I do agree with you, I have contacted the RCVelocity team and been advised that thy offer 3 month free parts + 1 year warranty. being dedicated online shop for Velocity Tech .. apparently they can afford to make this offer.

It is a pull start system and it comes with .15 size engine. now I don't know if clubs allow to run or race the .15 size engine cars, however for the beginning I don't think will get involve in racing

Can you please check with your hobby friends and find out more about this offer.

Many thanks

Zoran Zero

Last edited by Zero; 02-13-2003 at 08:13 PM.