Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hpi .15fe help

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default hpi .15fe help

Please some one help me solve this problem. I have a 15fe hpi motor that I just rebuild with the stage three upgrade kit off of HPI's web site. It comes with a lager cooling head, 5.5mm carb, piston and sleeve, and a abc connecting rod. I have 3 problems; 1 the motor leaks fuel from the front of the engine(not much but noticable after driving it around), 2 fuel leaks into the pull starter(leaks alot), and 3 I cant keep it running smoothly after it warms up(not to metion the trouble I had trying to keep it running just to break it in). I tried adjusting the carb(no change), after reading here a bit I check my fuel tank(good seal), I can here an air leak when pulling the pullstarter slowly but dint know where it is coming from. Please any info on what to check or fix and how. thanks
Old 11-28-2002, 03:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

Ay our racing club here in all we all have the HPI racers . We started with the HPI 1.5 enging and found out we had to replace engine sleeves, pistons and rings after every 8 hours of racing or so. Many in our club had the same problems as you. Also after about 6 hours of use we would loose compression and the engine would not idle after warm up. This was bad news when starting a race and the car would just die. Since then we all changed to the Novarossi 1.2 engines and haven't had a problem for months. Not only that but the Rossi engine has much better acceleration and uses much less fuel. I have used my Noverossi engine now for more than a year and I don't know how many hours of racing and it still works great. Rossi has 2 new engines out and when mine gives up the hhost I will for sure purchase one.