Exclamation LVGP Schedule

Here is the schedule for the race.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
schedule.doc (68.5 KB, 190 views)
Old 04-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Rich... I am really looking forward to running on that track again.

Before we get in the thick of it I have a request/suggestion/observation... when starting the cars for the qualifiers can we get the pit guys to stand back from the boards after and before you call out the car(s). There was a group that stood right at the exit to the pit line that completely blocked view of the last 10 feet and the exit. I am 6'2" and couldn't see my car... at all. You did, in later rounds have the gas/pit guy move back several feet after releasing their car and that helped a lot. Maybe some of the factory guys can just feel where their car is... not me.

That is the only thing that concerned me.... having the broadcast on radio really helped when we couldn't hear the loud speaker.... the rest of the event was totally cool. This year I am bringing two cars... one for hitting the walls and the other for doing laps...

Bill
Old 04-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Should I bring a milk crate to stand on.....I once saw a midget standing on one. I think his name was Kinwald????
Old 04-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

....."I once saw a midget standing on one." I think dremel boy stands on the railings if he doesnt have his potty stool. so height must definitley help.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes, dremelgirl does stand on the rails, but only for qualifying. He uses a crate for the mains...
Old 04-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by garen
Yes, dremelgirl does stand on the rails, but only for qualifying. He uses a crate for the mains...

DremelGIRL --- good one Garen!
Old 04-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
I stood next to him at the Paris Race and he did make an attempt to stand on the rail during the main. Unfortunately the high winds almost blew him off the stand.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

lets just say i felt high as a kite up there on the stand

i had a meditative perspective if ya know what i mean......hahahahah

haters
Old 04-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dremelboy
lets just say i felt high as a kite up there on the stand

i had a meditative perspective if ya know what i mean......hahahahah

haters
And her name was FAITH..lmao
Old 04-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

hey rich

ill be out there in case you didnt already know, i will be heading out with myself and billy and my friend rick kalem

i know i should of signed up early but what can i say

see you in a little over a week
Old 04-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

OK Sounds good
Old 04-12-2006, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey Rich. Off topic(sorry) but do you still have the vxr lipo regulators? Thanks, Joe.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation Race information

Here is a brake down:
Sedan- 53 entries
1/8th-42 entries
I am expecting the usual 25 to 30 walk up sign ups on Wednesday, I have racers in Las Vegas that have not signed up yet.

I have counted the votes for qualifying and it was very close but, Dual round qual points won out by a very very narrow margin.

The 2006 Las Vegas Grand Prix will be scored by Dual Round Qual points. Tie braker will be points.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ATTN ALL RACERS:

I delayed posting this as I wanted to be sure I would have them before getting the word out. I am importing Micro Systems tires for touring cars, and Serpent/Slide/XR8, Mugen/Kyosho/Delta 1/8th cars. For those that don't know, MS tires were very popular in the late 90's and early 00's. They are very good tires with excellent grip. We tested some at Revelation and Crystal Park a several weeks back with positive results.

My first shipment should be in tomorrow, assuming nothing goes wrong in customs. I will be offering contingencies for any racer who uses these tires at the Vegas GP next week, in the 1/10th Sedan and 1/8th Open classes. So in addition to the Byron Fuels contingencies, here is your chance to cash in at one of the best races of the year. Full details will be available at the track, but I will pay Top 3, and award a set of tires to all who make the main provided they use MS tires during the entire duration of the event, from practice through mains.

Pricing and other details to follow, email/pm me, or see me at the track for more info. If I do get them tomorrow, I will be at CP on Saturday if anyone wants to get them early.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
Rich... I am really looking forward to running on that track again.

Before we get in the thick of it I have a request/suggestion/observation... when starting the cars for the qualifiers can we get the pit guys to stand back from the boards after and before you call out the car(s). There was a group that stood right at the exit to the pit line that completely blocked view of the last 10 feet and the exit. I am 6'2" and couldn't see my car... at all. You did, in later rounds have the gas/pit guy move back several feet after releasing their car and that helped a lot. Maybe some of the factory guys can just feel where their car is... not me.

That is the only thing that concerned me.... having the broadcast on radio really helped when we couldn't hear the loud speaker.... the rest of the event was totally cool. This year I am bringing two cars... one for hitting the walls and the other for doing laps...

Bill
Bill we will address this at the drivers meeting,please make sure you remind me. Thanks for the input.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.